Reload this Page >

Laboratory work Brisbane

Laboratory work Brisbane

Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Question Laboratory work Brisbane

Guys,
Mrs Patmoss will be looking for work as a lab technician soon. She worked as a lab team leader in the uk supervising environmental sampling processes.
Anyone have any ideas of potential employers / agencies in the Brisbane area where she can drop her resume???? Work of this nature appears a little thin on the ground when searching the employment sites

you guys are all fab,

The Patmoss Crew
Old Aug 4th 2005, 10:16 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laboratory work Brisbane

Not sure if you are after pathology work or not? Anyway if so, you could try Sullivan Nicholaides or QML ?

Apart from that I dont really know unless you try the Uni's around Brisbane, I know UQ does alot of lab work (but I dnt know what sort!).

Sorry cant be of more use ....
Old Aug 5th 2005, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road

Bump!!!
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:08 am

LittleL is on a distinguished road

Hiya
I am in Melbourne so can't really help with specifics in Brisbane. However, I found this website really useful for searching through companies in Vic, getting names and a general idea of what companies were out there. There is a blurb on each company and link and contacts etc.

Hope that helps, I got a few interviews out of doing that.

Lots of luck

L
Old Aug 5th 2005, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by patmoss
Guys,
Mrs Patmoss will be looking for work as a lab technician soon. She worked as a lab team leader in the uk supervising environmental sampling processes.
Anyone have any ideas of potential employers / agencies in the Brisbane area where she can drop her resume???? Work of this nature appears a little thin on the ground when searching the employment sites

you guys are all fab,

The Patmoss Crew
Hi - I have a few questions for u first......

What type of labwork do you do or places have u worked? Biol? Chem? Fermentation etc? Medical? Biotech? Academia? Have you looked at the unis in/around Brisbane? Or searched for companies partially owned by the unis? ie those which have been spun out?

Sorry, cant help any more for now....will have a think...know someone who is in charge of a lab, but cant think exactly where etc. Feel free to PM me.

BTW, in Oz, your resume tends to be longer than in the UK, even thou it's a resume not a CV....doesnt need date of birth, marriage status, hobbies etc...but u prob already know that.

best wishes