Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

KrisFlyer - Singapore Airlines

KrisFlyer - Singapore Airlines

Old Apr 26th 2004, 5:27 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default KrisFlyer - Singapore Airlines

Has anyone registered online for KrisFlyer ?

I noted they ask many questions about your passport and importantly the passport number which in this day and age could be easily forged !

I presume everything is strictly above board but you can never be too sure.

When registered, how do you actually get the points ? must you book directly with Singapore Airlines to get them or can you book independently through a travel agent for example, and then ask for the points when you check-in at Heathrow ?

Would like to hear from anyone who has used KrisFlyer.

Many thanks.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 5:43 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: KrisFlyer - Singapore Airlines

Hi Molly,

I've been a kris flyer member for a while now, don't worry it's all above board.
I always book though Singapore but if you do it via a travel agent when you check in you hand over your card and thats when the points go on.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

I'm not sure about this, but when my wife registered us for Krisflyer and QANTAS she did it for us at the Australlian end as that worked out better in terms of free flight options - and QANTAS were free if we did it there too. IIRC they charge you for joining if you do it as a UK'er
Old Apr 26th 2004, 6:09 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

They don't charge you for joining Kris Flyer and you get the same points for miles travelled whether you pay in Aus $ or UK £. I've always found them to be really good and when you speak to the Kris flyer office they're very helpful whethers its by phone or email.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by BKate
They don't charge you for joining Kris Flyer and you get the same points for miles travelled whether you pay in Aus $ or UK £. I've always found them to be really good and when you speak to the Kris flyer office they're very helpful whethers its by phone or email.
(Again, this is from memory) as a British based Krisflyer (and possibly QANTAS) you get the same points for miles, but you can't use them on useful sectors ... you'll get their European partners which aren't so useful if you're mainly going to be hauling across the Far East. As I said, I may be wrong, but check the small print.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:03 pm
Paddington Brisbane

They only allocate a certain number of seats per flight for people who have purchased tickets with Kris flyer points, but I've recently used points for a UK - Brisbane and return flight.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by BKate
They only allocate a certain number of seats per flight for people who have purchased tickets with Kris flyer points, but I've recently used points for a UK - Brisbane and return flight.
Ah! I was meaning more for the side-trips that you could take e.g. to Bangkok from Singapore for a week's holidays en route to the UK from Oz. My smarter-half explained it all to me when we were sorting out the paperwork and I dutifully said uh huh at the appropriate points (no pun intended) and signed whatever she was waving under my nose
Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:25 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys !

BKate, roughtly how many return trips between Brisbane and UK did it take before you got a free single / return flight through KrisFlyer ???

I feel reassured now about KrisFlyer.

Cheers !
Old Apr 27th 2004, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by irishmolly
Thanks guys !

BKate, roughtly how many return trips between Brisbane and UK did it take before you got a free single / return flight through KrisFlyer ???

I feel reassured now about KrisFlyer.

Cheers !
Check out the table below. Its a bit complicated but I reckon you get 20k miles for a round trip UK-Aus and need 90k miles for a free UK-Aus flight, not exactly giving them away!

http://img.singaporeair.com/pdf/SQMI...TripAwards.pdf

Also you can't put everyone's tickets on one krisflyer account which is a shame as a family of 4 would nearly have enough points for a free flight !
Old Apr 27th 2004, 10:01 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: KrisFlyer - Singapore Airlines

I joined Kris Flyer last year when I flew out o Oz for a holiday.

All I did was to give my KF number to the agent booking the flight he tapped it into the system and all was sorted.
He did tell me to double check at check in but it was all stored.

I even got to upgrade from the standard membership to silver memebrship this year.
Think you have to travel 25,000 in one year I had 21,??? from travelling to Oz so thought I was going to miss out. But I got a letter a few weeks ago saying as I had travelled with them through the SARS episode when passenger figures were low they were rewarding me with silver membership. I thought it was a nice touch as they could have done nothing. Guess it gives me a fancy coloured card to wave at them in the vain hope of upgrading.

Cant fault Singapore airlines as well the service was great with plenty of free ale and food.
And the female flight staff were in a different league.

enjoy

TT