kreepy krawlies

Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future
Default kreepy krawlies

hi - not the scurrying kind - the ones for your pool

we have a 10m x 5m pool & i am fed up of cleaning it with one of those stupid vacs on a pole . it take ages
so saturday i decided to buy one of these things
went onto the net & found out there are hundred of the bloody things!!
can anyone recommend one ??? i dont wanna end up spending huge amounts if a cheaper on will get the same result & vice versa - end up with a cheap crap one (iyswim)

so all of you who have got one which would you recommmend & which of those would you not touch with a 10ft swimming pole!!!

many thanks

pootle26

btw we have a below ground fibreglass pool (if that makes a difference )

Last edited by pootle26; Nov 6th 2005 at 10:58 pm.
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:41 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kreepy krawlies

Originally Posted by pootle26

we have a 10m x 5m pool & i am fed up of cleaning it with one of those stupid vacs on a pole . it take ages
can anyone recommend one ??? i dont wanna end up spending huge amounts if a cheaper on will get the same result & vice versa - end up with a cheap crap one (iyswim)

so all of you who have got one which would you recommmend & which of those would you not touch with a 10ft swimming pole!!!

many thnaks

pootle26
Our make is actually - Kreepie Krawlie, I think Zoltan also do one very similiar,
it has no mechanical parts and we have only have to attach it up to filter, the only bit that has needed changing in the last two years (don't know how long previous owners had it) are the pads which assist in the gripping, we also found we could extend the life of these by roughing them back up with a sander attachment on the dremel. From what I can see on the net they cost around $200 for the head part and then whatever length of hosing and connectors on top of that.

Once a year we might use the vac on a pole if we haven't cleared the leaves for a little while or we have just flocked the pool. Rest of the time the cleaner does its bit - we still have to skim the pool for the recently dropped stuff as it takes two mins rather than use the skimmer box.

Would not be without one
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

From what I can see on the net they cost around $200 for the head part and then whatever length of hosing and connectors on top of that.

we were quoted $800 ish for one from the local pool shop
i am assuming that the one they quoted me for actually makes the tea too !!

i have had a look on e splash but will search round & see if there are any other cheaper places

thanks

pootle26
Old Nov 6th 2005, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Hi,
Depends on your pool type, e.g. concrete/vinyl/fibreglass and what type of debris you have at the bottom of your pool e.g. if you have lots of leaf matter only a few cleaners can cope.....

Kreepys (the original cleaner) are very noisy when in use and the most expensive to buy and maintain.

Feel free to call me in the shop 08 9307 2420 as I stock most and can mail order it to you with a nice BEP discount!

Cheers
Steve
Originally Posted by pootle26

many thnaks

pootle26
Old Nov 6th 2005, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steveyp
Hi,
Depends on your pool type, e.g. concrete/vinyl/fibreglass and what type of debris you have at the bottom of your pool e.g. if you have lots of leaf matter only a few cleaners can cope.....

Kreepys (the original cleaner) are very noisy when in use and the most expensive to buy and maintain.

Feel free to call me in the shop 08 9307 2420 as I stock most and can mail order it to you with a nice BEP discount!

Cheers
Steve

cool
i will phone you in a mo !!
did i recalll you did solar blankets too???

ttfn

pootle26
Old Nov 6th 2005, 11:13 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveyp
Hi,

Cheers
Steve
http://www.kreepykrauly.com.au/kreepykrauly.html, is the one we have, what is expensive about the maintenance?

Agree it is a bit noisey but nothing that can't be ignored and usually we are not in the pool or area when it is cleaning. I can only recommend what we have used - the Zoltan head seems to be the one you can get for around $200 - I checked ebay and the Kreepy crawly plus hoses and fitting etc is on there for $439.
Old Nov 7th 2005, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

thanks for that - its nice to have recommendations from someone who actually uses one - i am totally in the dark - i didnt realise there were sooo many types !

ttfn
pootle26