Korean Airlines

Old Nov 30th 2003, 10:41 pm
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough
Default Korean Airlines

Hi Guys,

Anyone flown with Korean Airlines, are they good/bad ?

We have got a flight with them 27th December from heathrow to Seoul then to christchurch, 2 adults 2 kids, £ 1600

Any stories welcomed

Lottie
Old Dec 1st 2003, 12:56 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Korean Airlines

Originally posted by TiggerLottie
Hi Guys,

We have got a flight with them 27th December from heathrow to Seoul then to christchurch, 2 adults 2 kids, £ 1600

Any stories welcomed

Lottie
I have to say that they used to be shall we say very much less than satisfactory: their non-delivery rate was quite high.

However, several years ago they had massive management and cultural shake-ups, and one doesn't hear too many bad things nowadays.

Have a good trip.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Copperben is an unknown quantity at this point

my boyfriend has just flown out with them, he wasn't very impressed but it was his first long haul flight so I don't think anything would have impressed him - he did say that they didn't have any backseat televisions, which for me is a must!

But if you can live without them, I'm sure it will be fine - he said the food was good!
Old Dec 1st 2003, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Hi Guys,

Any stories welcomed

Lottie

Before we moved to Perth I contacted Oztravel (or is it Austravel) !, they sent me an information pack, one of the things it contained was a section on Airlines that travel from the UK to Oz and NZ, I don't think Korean faired too well, but it as better than United who seemed pretty crap.
Good Luck
Old Dec 1st 2003, 7:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

their non-delivery rate was quite high.
Rog, what a beautifully tactful way of putting it. I know they are supposed to be better than they used to be, a couple of years ago pilot friends would run screaming from the room when I suggest using them. Am I right in thinking that after their little "incidents" involving mountains, they got US pilots in to over see the training. I seem to remember seeing a report which was somewhat less then complimentary about their own training in Korea, and about the relationshio between the crew and the captain.

Having said that, and probably scared poor Lottie to death (sorry, I am going back a few years), they are always cheap. I believe you get the service you pay for though.

Pollyana

Fly Broomstick - safest way to travel!
Old Dec 1st 2003, 8:23 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

There is another korean airline called Asiana but their plane is ugly and more importantly the connections are rubbish.
Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:00 am
UK to NZ to Canada

Originally posted by bondipom
There is another korean airline called Asiana but their plane is ugly and more importantly the connections are rubbish.
Cheers Guys,

Hmmm maybe try and get my other flight i saw, with singapore airlines...now dammit i know they are good !! right?

heehee
Lottie

well got flights, got a house to rent in wanaka, getting work visa this week, just got too much dam packing to do ...anyone wanna come help me??
Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Given the choice Lottie, go Singapore Airlines, no question!
Old Dec 1st 2003, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Pollyana
Given the choice Lottie, go Singapore Airlines, no question!

Agree with that, Singapore are top class, and they treat the children really well.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 12:14 am
UK to NZ to Canada

Originally posted by Santa
Agree with that, Singapore are top class, and they treat the children really well.
Well,

Wasn't given the choice, no other flights available had to book with korean airlines, but nevermind its a 2 day expeirence, then ill be spending the rest of my life in New Zealand !

I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes we fly the 27th from heathrow to ChCh
:scared:

Lottie
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:01 am
ABCDiamond

I flew with them last year, from Sydney/London/Sydney, and thought they were OK. I've flown with better, but also with worse. I got a free overnight stopover at Seoul, which helped break the journey. But it was a smooth flight, with good food, can't ask for much more.

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Hmmm

I used to travel regularly from Singapore-Seoul. People would physically fight to get on the SQ flight over the Korean Airlines or Asiana flights. They are a truly awful airline. I can say no more than that.

Well I can actually.

On the plus side - the new airport in Incheon where you'll be landing will be clean and tidy, though its very spartan on things to do. It's at least 1000 times better than Kimpo, the old one.

The minus side - the food is only ok if you like cold cabbage and raw garlic - as that will appear at every meal.
It'll be at least -10 when you land, and probably more like -20.

If you stop in Seoul - head straight for Itaewon where edible food is available.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 11:17 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Polyanna:

>>Fly Broomstick - safest way to travel!<<

What a beautifully tactful way to put it! <g>
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by RichS
Hmmm

I used to travel regularly from Singapore-Seoul. People would physically fight to get on the SQ flight over the Korean Airlines or Asiana flights. They are a truly awful airline. I can say no more than that.

Well I can actually.

On the plus side - the new airport in Incheon where you'll be landing will be clean and tidy, though its very spartan on things to do. It's at least 1000 times better than Kimpo, the old one.

The minus side - the food is only ok if you like cold cabbage and raw garlic - as that will appear at every meal.
It'll be at least -10 when you land, and probably more like -20.

If you stop in Seoul - head straight for Itaewon where edible food is available.
Well, that's either total bollox or I was very lucky.

I flew from London to Brisbane in July. I was supposed to go with BA but because of their infuriating strike I was rerouted via Seoul on Korean. Korean was a million times better than BA. No seat back screens (who ever watches the crap on those anyway) but the food was superb and it was service with a smile all the way (now you'd never get that on BA). I agree that Singapore or Thai are better but Korean is still way above BA/Qantas in terms of service.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 8:06 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by etlniwd
Well, that's either total bollox or I was very lucky.

I flew from London to Brisbane in July. I was supposed to go with BA but because of their infuriating strike I was rerouted via Seoul on Korean. Korean was a million times better than BA. No seat back screens (who ever watches the crap on those anyway) but the food was superb and it was service with a smile all the way (now you'd never get that on BA). I agree that Singapore or Thai are better but Korean is still way above BA/Qantas in terms of service.
I refuse to fly BA Quantas unless they drop their prices to the No Frills class that they are. Smallest seat pitch, staff that scowl if you order a drink and lost luggage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.