Korean Airlines

Old Sep 15th 2003, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone flown with Korean Airlines?

Looking at flight prices, Korean Airlines seems to be the cheapest when flying to Brisbane in November. Has anyone ever flown with them before?

I.e. is the plane an old DC-3 and is dog served for dinner?

Last edited by pabloako; Sep 15th 2003 at 10:27 am.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 10:22 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Korean Airlines

I would assume so I bet theres a man who has to wind up the propeller aswell Paul!
Old Sep 15th 2003, 11:57 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Has anyone flown with Korean Airlines?

Originally posted by pabloako
Looking at flight prices, Korean Airlines seems to be the cheapest when flying to Brisbane in November. Has anyone ever flown with them before?

hi there.

I flew with them a few years back (2001) when i last went to auz. Took off from Heathrow, landed at seoul, then flew down to sydney in a 747 (one of those with the tippy up wingy bits?).

Everything went well, food was fine, service was excellent (very pretty {sorry}). My only complaint was with the entertainment, none of this in seat video entertainment stuff, so they obviously didn't pay to for the extras to be installed when they bought the jumbo. The films were terrible as well, the only one i had heard of was 2 years old and the other had english subtitles. (not that i could really complain at that travelling with a foreign airline).

I wouldn't fly with them again, it's a long flight down there and it gets boring fast when you're on your own with nothing to watch.

They were cheap though, 600 squid return back in 2001 was CHEAP!

leigh
Old Sep 15th 2003, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you. We might pay the extra £30 each and go with singapore so we get a TV and Nintendo.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 12:12 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by pabloako
Thank you. We might pay the extra £30 each and go with singapore so we get a TV and Nintendo.
i would, the next time i go i'll be going with BA. Hopefully i should have some more money to get the ticket than i did back then.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Singapore, BA and Cathay Pacific also allow you to check in online a couple of days before you fly so you can choose your seat.
However I am not a fan of BA as their service isn't the best in the world.

Last edited by pabloako; Sep 15th 2003 at 12:21 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 12:18 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
i would, the next time i go i'll be going with BA. Hopefully i should have some more money to get the ticket than i did back then.
Do you kniow something about BA then. All the airline threads I've seen BA get a real slating. I have only ever flown short haul with them and I have never been overly impressed. The check ins were good but the meals and service were rubbish. Also found them hideously expensive. I once had to fly to Scotland and because of the time I had to be there I could not get the normal £55 return from Luton. I flew with BA from Heathrow and it was £365.00.
Old Sep 15th 2003, 1:17 pm
life begins again...

..in all honesty BA was the first of the big boys i could think of, and the easiest to spell. I'd probably still shop around for a good price when i go next time. No doubt with some help from this forum.

...anyway, by the time my visa comes through everyone will have personal teleportation devices of some sort. (only just sent off my skills assessment... )
Old Sep 15th 2003, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

HUP

BA domestic is better than long haul in my humble opinion, BA would be well down my list of preferred carriers, not that they have ever done anything to really hack me off, but you are given this feeling of "you should be grateful we have allowed you to fly BA", they are not very child friendly, well not as much as some others, basically a bit stiff upper lip and although very nice, too starchy and reserved for my liking. Go for some of the far eastern carriers, they know service but also know how to make you relaxed, more to the point they know you are the customer and that you have a choice.

I dont think i'm making my point very well here but i hope you get my drift.

Lynn