Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Korean Air Flights?

Korean Air Flights?

Old Jun 25th 2009, 6:12 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Korean Air Flights?

Anyone got any tales to tell, luggage allowance, experiences, good a tad bad?

There is a nice flight from Heathrow, 600 squids, one way, both stages are through the night 10 hours each, well around 10 hours each.

What are they like, are the girls pretty? Good food, cold free beer?

Whats the airport like?

Korean Air

Seoul Incheon International Airport, Korea, Republic of

Aircraft type - 744
Economy

Aircraft type - 333
Economy

Cheers Keith
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:29 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Korean Air Flights?

Korean Air normally has a free hotel overnight stop over on the way back to LHR which is why many don't fly them, but since your trip is one way that shouldn't matter.

The air crew are good I found and the pitch is usually 33"-34" which is large by Y cabin standards. But, I would check that second flight with the airline directly because up until a few months back the service from ICH to Australia was operated by an old equipment plane with no seat back TV.

The use of regionally configured equipment on Asia to Australian sectors is quite common on all Asian carriers. So I would double check that second flight. 10 hours of a large old screen being pulled down in the cabin wouldn't be my idea of passing time in a fun way.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:46 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Korean Air normally has a free hotel overnight stop over on the way back to LHR which is why many don't fly them, but since your trip is one way that shouldn't matter.

The air crew are good I found and the pitch is usually 33"-34" which is large by Y cabin standards. But, I would check that second flight with the airline directly because up until a few months back the service from ICH to Australia was operated by an old equipment plane with no seat back TV.

The use of regionally configured equipment on Asia to Australian sectors is quite common on all Asian carriers. So I would double check that second flight. 10 hours of a large old screen being pulled down in the cabin wouldn't be my idea of passing time in a fun way.
Thanks Centurion, Nnay more experiences? LUV the Helmet!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Pay for what you get, I did the Brisbane to Seoul run a few time, and Sydney too fortunately business class, pretty average, but its a mode of travel.

I remember they had internet onboard too , wireless for a fee, pass some time away...

I'd rate them 5/10.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

We used Korean for our one way and could not really fault them, preffered the 2 x 10 hours to the 13 & 7 that weve had previously.

2nd leg did use an airbus I think with no seat back TV but we managed to survive.

Staff were very good and so is Incheon airport.

We would use them again.

Good Luck, Rob.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 9:50 am
Wow 2yrs in Oz!

Location: Liverpool to Townsville via North America & the Middle East!
The_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud ofThe_Griswolds has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Anyone got any tales to tell, luggage allowance, experiences, good a tad bad?

There is a nice flight from Heathrow, 600 squids, one way, both stages are through the night 10 hours each, well around 10 hours each.

Whats the airport like?

Korean Air

Seoul Incheon International Airport, Korea, Republic of

Aircraft type - 744
Economy

Aircraft type - 333
Economy

Cheers Keith
I hear they have a deal on, if you take your pet dog with you, the dog travels and eats for free or was it you travel for free and he is eaten , can't remember exactly !!
Old Jun 26th 2009, 10:03 am
Banned

Its a toss up between this shower and Emirates at the mo? Trouble is there is a message on the booking itenary, only four seat left, i bet they are poor seats hey? Decisions decisions?

Keith
Old Jun 26th 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keith Moon

bother pretty girls?

Yeah, they (mostly) seem to be pretty. felt quite jealous though

good food?

dunno. It's personal preference tho. all I know is their western food is cr@p.

cold free beer?

yes, it's cold and free, but Cr@p.

they serve you horrible Budweiser - Don't get me started.

If you can't believe me, read this.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...29#post7312329

Incidentally, I just read the news yesterday - In Cheon airport selected as the best airport in 2009 and Korean Airlines Score High for Punctuality/Best Hygiene/most convenience

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...119_36358.html

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...062200942.html

The Hotel in Seoul (overnight staying)

http://incheon.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Korean Air Flights?-2008-06-11_pm_04-33-58_adultk_seovaram.jpg   Korean Air Flights?-img_6_3013_0kj.jpg   Korean Air Flights?-korean-air1.bmp   Korean Air Flights?-kimmj83_37924205.jpg  

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 26th 2009 at 1:47 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 7:46 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

[QUOTE=Keith Moon;7699335]Anyone got any tales to tell, luggage allowance, experiences, good a tad bad?

Korean Airlines have had a bad accident record in the past but have recently employed western pilots to improve the situation.

You have to look at the culture. First Officers would not contradict a Captain if he made a wrong discission.

Personally I would not fly with them, I strongly believe in self preservation.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 11:50 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Centurion
It was the free overnight stop-over that made me pick them last time, I really liked the split trip

Overall, I feel they are good as anything in the low price range.

Old Sep 25th 2009, 5:52 am
alien

silentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It was the free overnight stop-over that made me pick them last time, I really liked the split trip

Overall, I feel they are good as anything in the low price range.
Sorry for digging up this old thread. I'm flying with Korean Air in a couple of months and was doing a search here to see if others have used them. Must say I'm relieved to see the experience is mostly positive here.

I have a quick question regarding the stop-over accommodation. Do they mention it on the ticket? I am told they don't specify it on the ticket but will be taken care of when we land in Seoul. Is that correct?
Old Sep 25th 2009, 8:17 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

When we landed in Seoul, there were staff waiting for all the passengers who were stopping overnight in transit. Our names were on the list, we boarded a coach and were taken to the Hyatt Regency hotel nearby. Fab hotel, rooms were lovely and both evening meal and breakfast were all paid for.
Couldn't complain about the service at all.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 2:33 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by silentwalker
I have a quick question regarding the stop-over accommodation. Do they mention it on the ticket? I am told they don't specify it on the ticket but will be taken care of when we land in Seoul. Is that correct?
I understand your feeling, I was concerned also, but it ended up exactly as Juliecabs has just said.

I would fly with them again on the same trip, if I had the choice.

I don't think I stayed at the Hyatt though. I think Julie did better than me with that bit.

Old Sep 26th 2009, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Never fancied them myself but a friend used them for him and his wife and they were very happy with the flight/experiance.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to go that way you could consider Asiana also.

I'm Platinum Plus with Asiana and it helps I can speak Korean, but I always find their service top notch. From Syd to UK you land in Seoul at about 5.35pm and you get put up for a night in the Royal Seoul Hotel at Myoung Dom which is adjacent to the trendy nightmarkets (the transfer takes 60-70mins traffic depending). Next day is a 13.30 departure (you need to be on the bus at the hotel by 10.30) so it's a civilised stopover.

I fly Business Class only now and have been fortunate to fly Business Class with an awful lot of airlines and I find the service on AA right up there. Seats in BC are 2nd Gen pod (ie they don't lie horizontal but do stretch straight).

I've probably done this flight in BC 12-15 times now and done Syd to Seoul return more. It's 'usually' 55 minutes late leaving Seoul to Syd but makes it up. It arrives at T1 at LHR which is not great from an asthetic pov but brilliant for a fast turnaround through customs.

I've flown AA Economy class only twice and found the service pretty good. I eat Korean food a lot at home so the on board choice in Economy was no issue for me, but I have heard complaints about running out of Western choices toward the back.

Craft is 777 on all sectors Seoul to Lon gets on demand viewing but Syd to Soeul and return more often than not doesn't. Some quality choices of wine of spirits in Business, standard stuff in economy but still good and the staff are very attentive IME.

Business and First Class lounges at Incheon are amongst the best I've experienced and the transit hotel at Incheon (I think) has been awarded as the world's best (I've never used it though).

Seoul at Xmas is lovely, very cold but lights adorn the buildings and trees are decorated everywhere.

Forgot to add that there is a 4hr wait at Incheon on the UK-Aus direction and AA don't fly this route everyday. (Syd to Seoul and Seoul to Syd is everyday though).

I've flown Korean Air BC a couple of times and don't find them as good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.