British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Know the saying' too good to be true' !!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/know-saying-too-good-true-260816/)

nibblo Oct 18th 2004 4:22 pm

Know the saying' too good to be true' !!!

Hello everyone
I have just got off the phone from my estate agent to be told the worst news... our buyers have pulled out!! I can't believe it as we are so far down the line,with plans to move in 3 weeks we had even signed the contract last Friday ... i am SO MAD. :mad:
We thought it was all going too well as the couple were going to buy almost all our furnture (bikes,lawnmower -you name it!!) and we were going to be moving into their 'rented fully furnished house'!! Ever heard the saying 'too good to be true' - well that saying has just bitten us right where it hurts !!
I had even resisted writing the good news on here - as I did not want to tempt fate!
To top it all we have even given our cat to it's new home -and for obvious reasons would not be fair to him (or the new owners ) to move him again !!
Please tell me it gets better - I am in real danger of drowning myself in a VERY large glass of wine :(
A very fed up
Nibblo

chippy dave Oct 18th 2004 8:10 pm

Re: Know the saying' too good to be true' !!!

Hi nibblo,

What bad luck we,ve just put our house up for sale and your situation is a nightmare thought.Try and focas on the future and hopefully you,ll look back in 12 months and think oh yeh i remember when i was really upset about that house sale but hey everythings great now.

good luck and keep your chin up dave

Billabong Oct 18th 2004 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Hi nibblo,

What bad luck we,ve just put our house up for sale and your situation is a nightmare thought.Try and focas on the future and hopefully you,ll look back in 12 months and think oh yeh i remember when i was really upset about that house sale but hey everythings great now.

good luck and keep your chin up dave

House buyers are the scum of the earth (especially when you are desparate to sell)

Hope the situation improves for you.

anzen12 Oct 18th 2004 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by nibblo
Please tell me it gets better - I am in real danger of drowning myself in a VERY large glass of wine :(

Nibblo

I think we all sympathise with you, but what the heck, I'd go for the wine anyway.

RReed Oct 19th 2004 11:53 am

So sorry - what a bummer. Our buyers lost their cash buyer (who didn't bother to tell them, just let them find out) after having a survey and search done on ours. We are also back to square one. They still want our house, but need to find another buyer. We have put ours back on the market. It is awful isn't it. You can't plan anything. Selling property in the UK is an insane system. Have you booked your tickets to oz etc? We hadn't luckily, but I have handed my notice in because I have to give 8 weeks. You're not safe until you have their cash in your bank. Anyway, I hope things work out for you - I'm sure they will eventually. Enjoy the wine.
Rachel x

pockygoes Oct 19th 2004 12:18 pm

Oh My God - you poor things - house buyers are the scum of the earth & nothing really surprises me anymore. You say that you had signed the contracts - had you exchanged? If you have exchanged, surely they have a legal responsibility to reimburse you for our of pocket expenses etc. We pushed for contracts to be exchanged in advance of completion to try to avoid just this. It still turned into a bloody nightmare & we eventually exchanged a week last monday & complete on 5/11 - hopefully.

Try to keep calm I really hope that you find the solution really soon.

Good luck

Pockygoes