British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Know the saying' too good to be true' !!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/know-saying-too-good-true-260814/)

nibblo Oct 18th 2004 4:19 pm

Know the saying' too good to be true' !!!

Hello everyone
I have just got off the phone from my estate agent to be told the worst news... our buyers have pulled out!! I can't believe it as we are so far down the line,with plans to move in 3 weeks we had even signed the contract last Friday ... i am SO MAD. :mad:
We thought it was all going too well as the couple were going to buy almost all our furnture (bikes,lawnmower -you name it!!) and we were going to be moving into their 'rented fully furnished house'!! Ever heard the saying 'too good to be true' - well that saying has just bitten us right where it hurts !!
I had even resisted wtiting the good news on here - as I did not want to tempt fate!
To top it all we have even given our cat to it's new home -and for obvious reasons would not be fair to him (or the new owners ) to move him again !!
Please tell me it gets better - I am in real danger of drowning myself in a VERY large glass of wine :(
A very fed up
Nibblo

elksa Oct 18th 2004 4:26 pm

Re: Know the saying' too good to be true' !!!

So completly gutted for you. Why do people do that? Well I just wish you all the best and hope that you sell it soon. We've got all this to come soon, will be putting ours on the market in a couple of weeks time. Well let us know how your getting on anyway.

nibblo Oct 18th 2004 4:29 pm

Thanks Elksa - why do people make this already stressful process even more horrid.
Large glass of wine coming up!!
Thanks for your reply though
Nibblo

ZimBabe Oct 18th 2004 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by nibblo
Hello everyone
I have just got off the phone from my estate agent to be told the worst news... our buyers have pulled out!! I can't believe it as we are so far down the line,with plans to move in 3 weeks we had even signed the contract last Friday ... i am SO MAD. :mad:

I am in real danger of drowning myself in a VERY large glass of wine :(
A very fed up
Nibblo

I assume as you have already exchanged contracts, that you get to keep their deposit? (I hops it's a big one)

Should keep you in wine for a while :beer:

Worth checking with you solicitor.

nibblo Oct 18th 2004 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by ZimBabe
I assume as you have already exchanged contracts, that you get to keep their deposit? (I hops it's a big one)

Should keep you in wine for a while :beer:

Worth checking with you solicitor.

Hi Zimbabe
Not too sure - will check with solicitor tomorrow - would be nice to get something from the buggers!!
thanks for listening to my moan
Nibblo

DollyDaydream Oct 18th 2004 5:05 pm

Nibblo

Really sorry for you. Seems to be happening quite a lot recently.

Keep yer pecker up kid and as others have advised, just run it by your solicitor to see what they say.

All the best

D D

nibblo Oct 18th 2004 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Nibblo

Really sorry for you. Seems to be happening quite a lot recently.

Keep yer pecker up kid and as others have advised, just run it by your solicitor to see what they say.

All the best

D D

Cheers DD
Will see what solicitor says - in the mean time i'm off to eat and drink myself silly :(
thanks for the 'pick me up's'
Nibblo

lindseyden Oct 18th 2004 5:54 pm

Hi Nibblo

I really feel for you, we are on tenterhooks waiting for our people to sign too. I spoke to my solicitor about people dropping out after exchange and she said that if that did happen and it is extremely rare they would have to pay us 10% of the sale price and the only reason that would not come about would be because of death and even then we could claim off their estate if we so wished!!!!!

I really hope you find a more reliable buyer soon, I'm thinking of you.

Lindsey

harveyhare Oct 18th 2004 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by lindseyden
Hi Nibblo

I really feel for you, we are on tenterhooks waiting for our people to sign too. I spoke to my solicitor about people dropping out after exchange and she said that if that did happen and it is extremely rare they would have to pay us 10% of the sale price and the only reason that would not come about would be because of death and even then we could claim off their estate if we so wished!!!!!

I really hope you find a more reliable buyer soon, I'm thinking of you.

Lindsey

Absolutly correct, You are entitled to 10% of the selling price if you have signed contracts.

Di

madsad Oct 18th 2004 6:20 pm

Sorry to hear your news :( it seems to be happening more & more at the moment,now your not even safe once the bloody thing is signed either :confused:
I hope things work out soon x goodluck x ;)
Donna.

nibblo Oct 19th 2004 3:48 pm

Cheers for the replies
Have spoken to solicitor today and as 'we' had only signed the contract (they were due to this week) then we don't have a leg to stand on. And the worst part is that we now have to pay the solicitor costs 'so far' and there is not a thing we can do about that either !!:mad:
Is there no justice in this world
A very very fed up Nibblo :(

ZimBabe Oct 19th 2004 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by nibblo
Cheers for the replies
Have spoken to solicitor today and as 'we' had only signed the contract (they were due to this week) then we don't have a leg to stand on. And the worst part is that we now have to pay the solicitor costs 'so far' and there is not a thing we can do about that either !!:mad:
Is there no justice in this world
A very very fed up Nibblo :(

I am so sorry to hear that, but looking on a small bright side at least all the paperwork is ready to go for your next sale. The next sale should go smoother. I have had my side of the contract signed since April, my buyers pulled out a week before signing as well. They wanted me to reduce the price and I refused. My bright side (Although it didn't feel like it at the time!) was that subsequently I accepted an offer £5K higher than they wanted to pay.I had two agents fighting to sell my house against each other which helped in the end.

I really hope everything goes well for you, have sent you some Karma.