Reload this Page >

Kiwi's discrimination complaint upheld by Aussie tribunal

Kiwi's discrimination complaint upheld by Aussie tribunal

Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:36 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kiwi's discrimination complaint upheld by Aussie tribunal

Originally Posted by Fluid36
You Aussies really do enjoy taking it hard and not muttering a sound, then again the post above tends to say that you and Swedes do have the odd moan. You probably enjoy it at the same time though.
You do know that none of the people you are speaking to are actually Australians?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You do know that none of the people you are speaking to are actually Australians?
Even better.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 4:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fluid36
You Aussies really do enjoy taking it hard and not muttering a sound
That's 'cos we is really hard
Old Mar 25th 2011, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Fluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to beholdFluid36 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amazulu
That's 'cos we is really hard
Sweet as cuzzie bro!
Old Mar 25th 2011, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

jimmyoz2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

thought you said you were or do you just consider your self a plastic ozzie?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimmyoz2010
thought you said you were or do you just consider your self a plastic ozzie?
I'm an Australian citizen... but as long as I have a hole in my backside I'll be a Brit.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 4:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an Australian citizen... but as long as I have a hole in my backside I'll be a Brit.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 9:15 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Don't Aussies have an a hole then?
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Don't Aussies have an a hole then?
Not like his.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 12:08 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Being on a 457 should have no effect on getting a QCE - we were still on a 457 when the two eldest boys did their QCE and it wasn't relevant in the slightest.

Quite a few of their friends were Kiwis - they all obtained their QCE too (although I have no idea if they were there just on a SCV or if they were PR)

This is interesting, I have just spoken to another friend who is on 457 and applying for PR whose son is at school with my son. She has been told he cannot have a LUI number because he is on 457.

I have had another look at the website and it is really vague. It seems to me it say he is classed as a temprary visa student, however it goes onto say that a temporary visa student is anyone who is deemed to be here temporarily regardless of what visa they are on!?

So I think this means it is the discretion of the school??

This is an excerpt from the fact sheet:-

Visa students are those who live temporarily in Australia under a short-term visa or a similar authority issued by the Australian Government. A visa student is not an Australian citizen (through naturalisation or otherwise) or a permanent resident of Australia; if a student is a permanent resident of Australia (with or without a visa) they are not classed as a visa student for the purposes of tertiary entrance procedures. The student’s country of origin or reason for residing in Australia does not determine whether they are classified as a visa student.

I reckon she could dispute their decision.

See what I mean about pandoras box!!!!
Old Mar 27th 2011, 3:31 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Watt Dabney
This is interesting, I have just spoken to another friend who is on 457 and applying for PR whose son is at school with my son. She has been told he cannot have a LUI number because he is on 457.

I have had another look at the website and it is really vague. It seems to me it say he is classed as a temprary visa student, however it goes onto say that a temporary visa student is anyone who is deemed to be here temporarily regardless of what visa they are on!?
A 457 is a temporary visa and is classed as such by Queensland Education. I've never heard of LUIs though - the two eldest boys went straight into Year 11 when we arrived so that could be why (although youngest did complete Year 10 and he's never heard of it either) - both of them obtained their QCE and an OP, and the oldest child successfully applied to Uni too (although we'd moved to NSW and then obtained PR before he actually started).

On a 457, students are classed as overseas students for tertiary education though, so will pay overseas fees.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 3:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
A 457 is a temporary visa and is classed as such by Queensland Education. I've never heard of LUIs though - the two eldest boys went straight into Year 11 when we arrived so that could be why (although youngest did complete Year 10 and he's never heard of it either) - both of them obtained their QCE and an OP, and the oldest child successfully applied to Uni too (although we'd moved to NSW and then obtained PR before he actually started).

On a 457, students are classed as overseas students for tertiary education though, so will pay overseas fees.
All boys should have been given a LUI, but it only becomes important when applying for Uni (in QLD anyway). It's a number that all grades from 10 onwards are put into and how the OP is worked out etc. (that's how I understood the explanation anyway)
Old Mar 27th 2011, 3:37 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
All boys should have been given a LUI, but it only becomes important when applying for Uni (in QLD anyway). It's a number that all grades from 10 onwards are put into and how the OP is worked out etc. (that's how I understood the explanation anyway)
They must have had one then, lol!!

I know Eldest had to input his student number (not his school student number, but the one he put on papers for exams) when he did his Uni application - I guess that must have been it?

In any event, their education wasn't affected in any way by being on a 457
Old Apr 5th 2011, 3:04 am
Just Joined

robert2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Australians are somehow racist by inheritence evident by their actions (physical, emotional or legal) over time on to others (including aborigines) in cotrast to Kiwis (only country of the world has two nations law)!! The big difference between Kiwis and Aussies is Aussies are snobbish and arogant (in every respect) than Kiwis (tolerant and peaceful)!! .... it is making hard these two countries to keep on one thread like European Union or ASEAN communities!! ......any steps will be taken by Aussies against Kiwis (nearly 1.5million Kiwis crossing Tasman in every year and only less than half millions are residing permanently in Australia in any time over last 100 years) could potentially damage the relationship and it is not helpful for regional development!!... there are not many Kiwis want to settle overseas except high ambitious people!! These group will migrate anywhere around the world in anyway, I think Aussies are much more benefited by Kiwis than their own people (incomparative study)!!................

Last edited by robert2009; Apr 5th 2011 at 3:07 am.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 3:13 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert2009
I think Australians are somehow racist by inheritence evident by their actions (physical, emotional or legal) over time on to others (including aborigines) in cotrast to Kiwis (only country of the world has two nations law)!! The big difference between Kiwis and Aussies is Aussies are snobbish and arogant (in every respect) than Kiwis (tolerant and peaceful)!! .... it is making hard these two countries to keep on one thread like European Union or ASEAN communities!! ......any steps will be taken by Aussies against Kiwis (nearly 1.5million Kiwis crossing Tasman in every year and only less than half millions are residing permanently in Australia in any time over last 100 years) could potentially damage the relationship and it is not helpful for regional development!!... there are not many Kiwis want to settle overseas except high ambitious people!! These group will migrate anywhere around the world in anyway, I think Aussies are much more benefited by Kiwis than their own people (incomparative study)!!................
And that was after you edited it ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.