Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kiwipaul you Jammy Bastard

Kiwipaul you Jammy Bastard

Old Jul 7th 2003, 3:46 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kiwipaul you Jammy Bastard

You buggers are creaming it at the taxpayers expense , any jobs going at your place , its better than being at the coal face of private industry.

Public sector better for families

WORKERS take note: jobs in the public sector are more than three times more likely to be family friendly than those in the private sector.

But, according to a special report for the NSW Government obtained under Freedom of Information laws, the private sector is much more likely than the public sector to give wage rises.

Those wages also come at a higher rate than the public sector.

The report on enterprise bargaining reveals that public-sector agreements are much more likely to contain family friendly provisions above the legally required amount, including:

Working from home

Subsidised childcare or child-care facilities

Career break schemes

Job sharing

Paid maternity, paternity leave

Carers leave.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E2702,00.html

Old Jul 7th 2003, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

As apposed to you who is shafting a private company that is trying to turn a crust but cannot because of louts like you who are taking all the cream.

You and me PB are in very similair situations we are both stuck in boring jobs and not much prospects for anything better. But me I enjoy myself when not at work whereas you seem to find everything Ozzie, boring, dirty or too expensive.

The very claims that you make of people comming here for a new life applies to YOU but in the opposite direction. Just wait till your rose tinted glassed fog up when you get back to Blight, cos like you've said of other going for a visit is not the same as living their and you've not lived their for 9 years now and it sure has changed.

Just wait till winter comes on round and your central heating fails and you get a week of -10C day and night, thats real cold weather not the 5-10C we get here for a month or so but only at night.

I give you 6 months before you start missing Australia and the great climate down here.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 4:26 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll have to dust off the Tuxedo...
Old Jul 7th 2003, 4:30 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
As apposed to you who is shafting a private company that is trying to turn a crust but cannot because of louts like you who are taking all the cream.

You and me PB are in very similair situations we are both stuck in boring jobs and not much prospects for anything better. But me I enjoy myself when not at work whereas you seem to find everything Ozzie, boring, dirty or too expensive.

The very claims that you make of people comming here for a new life applies to YOU but in the opposite direction. Just wait till your rose tinted glassed fog up when you get back to Blight, cos like you've said of other going for a visit is not the same as living their and you've not lived their for 9 years now and it sure has changed.

Just wait till winter comes on round and your central heating fails and you get a week of -10C day and night, thats real cold weather not the 5-10C we get here for a month or so but only at night.

I give you 6 months before you start missing Australia and the great climate down here.

Tax payers keep you useless , I have to earn my crust in a job thats way beyond you.
Worked 20 years in the UK and never had it bad Pal or had to hide in some no count goverment job.
Gets down to 1C in Perth but who cares the houses are draught boxes that would not meet the standards in the UK.
Get a life .

Old Jul 7th 2003, 4:34 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm putting on my top hat...
Old Jul 7th 2003, 4:35 am
Banned

Originally posted by Florida_03
I'm putting on my top hat...
Brushing off me tails?

Old Jul 7th 2003, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Gets down to 1C in Perth but who cares the houses are draught boxes that would not meet the standards in the UK.
Get a life .

Unless you've got a very poor memory, your going to find it's a lot less than1C for about 6 months of the year where you are heading too. Not forgetting the frosts, snow, fog and rain.

My house is no draught box and I still don't own a fire, just stick a pullover on when it starts getting chilly at night. But as it hits 20c every day in Brisbane my house warms up nicely during the day. Obviously the hovel you bought / built the vendor saw you comming and couldn't believe his luck.

:lecture:
Old Jul 7th 2003, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kiwipaul

Just wait till winter comes on round and your central heating fails and you get a week of -10C day and night, thats real cold weather not the 5-10C we get here for a month or so but only at night. QUOTE

I must have missed something over the weekend is our lovely PB now going to Moscow not Leicestershire. What about one of those little Kosac hats and a bottle of Vodka as a leaving gift. Been wondering what to buy him. :
Old Jul 7th 2003, 5:12 am
Banned

Unless you've got a very poor memory, your going to find it's a lot less than1C for about 6 months of the year where you are heading too. Not forgetting the frosts, snow, fog and rain.

My house is no draught box and I still don't own a fire, just stick a pullover on when it starts getting chilly at night. But as it hits 20c every day in Brisbane my house warms up nicely during the day. Obviously the hovel you bought / built the vendor saw you comming and couldn't believe his luck.

:lecture:
Never been colder than in some of the houses that I have bought in Perth , yes my hovels are like any other hovel here.
Love a frosty day far better than frying or the gales you get here.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dotty

Just wait till winter comes on round and your central heating fails and you get a week of -10C day and night, thats real cold weather not the 5-10C we get here for a month or so but only at night. QUOTE

I must have missed something over the weekend is our lovely PB now going to Moscow not Leicestershire. What about one of those little Kosac hats and a bottle of Vodka as a leaving gift. Been wondering what to buy him. :
Quote from BBC for Janurary this year

11th to 14th
As the high slipped south the frost and patchy freezing fog was displaced by mainly drier and milder conditions. Minus 9.9°C at Redhill on the 12th . Windy later with some hill and coastal fog in the west.

Redhill is in Surrey if my geography is correct. I remember well one Thursday night in Nov 88 or 89 woke up to power failure and 2 foot of snow covering most of the country, my gas cental heating was useless with no power and outside min temp was -10C. M1 was closed and M6 was giant traffic jam for about 3 days. Couldn't drive anywhere due to snow blocking all roads, survived using my living room gas fire untill power came back on Monday. This was in a town of 50,000 people in Leics.

I think this was the storm that brought the underground to a standstill because they said trains weren't designed for this type of snow. Snow got into the tracks of electric door and they wouldn't close these being one man operated trains.

Dotty are you sure you've ever lived in Blighty.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 5:20 am
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dotty

Great idea gal me heads going numb with Pauls tales of woe.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 7th 2003 at 5:37 am.
Old Jul 7th 2003, 5:24 am
Banned

11th to 14th
As the high slipped south the frost and patchy freezing fog was displaced by mainly drier and milder conditions. Minus 9.9°C at Redhill on the 12th . Windy later with some hill and coastal fog in the west.

Redhill is in Surrey if my geography is correct. I remember well one Thursday night in Nov 88 or 89 woke up to power failure and 2 foot of snow covering most of the country, my gas cental heating was useless with no power and outside min temp was -10C. M1 was closed and M6 was giant traffic jam for about 3 days. Couldn't drive anywhere due to snow blocking all roads, survived using my living room gas fire untill power came back on Monday. This was in a town of 50,000 people in Leics.

I think this was the storm that brought the underground to a standstill because they said trains weren't designed for this type of snow. Snow got into the tracks of electric door and they wouldn't close these being one man operated trains.

Last time I remember any deep snow that stayed around for more than 2 days in Leicestershire was 1962 , me sledge has been in the shed ever since.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Love a frosty day far better than frying or the gales you get here.

Well you are going to get your chance, I'll stick to the QLD weather thank you very much because the good days FAR outweigh the bad.

Want a deal on some thick winter wollies and thermals as I will never need tham again
Old Jul 7th 2003, 5:28 am
Banned

Well you are going to get your chance, I'll stick to the QLD weather thank you very much because the good days FAR outweigh the bad.

Want a deal on some thick winter wollies and thermals as I will never need tham again
Well come to WA I will lend you mine its bloody cool here after the Sun goes down no central heating here Pal.
What a wet sod you are or would be if you stood outside in QLD this time of year.

Old Jul 7th 2003, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

11th to 14th

Gosh obviously I havent. Note to self:- buy sleigh, carton of Vodka and eskimo suit before next trp to Uk. Still I do love to ski.....:scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.