Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

kinross college duncraig high??

kinross college duncraig high??

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

tenpoundpom is an unknown quantity at this point
Question kinross college duncraig high??

hi all ..were looking at rentals in kinross and duncraig mainly because of the schools!..but a thought crossed my mind do any of you know whether theres a waiting list? even if living in catchment?..i dont want to settle into the area only to find theres no school place! my son will be in yr9 as he's yr10 here!
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:40 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kinross college duncraig high??

Originally Posted by tenpoundpom
hi all ..were looking at rentals in kinross and duncraig mainly because of the schools!..but a thought crossed my mind do any of you know whether theres a waiting list? even if living in catchment?..i dont want to settle into the area only to find theres no school place! my son will be in yr9 as he's yr10 here!
No waiting list for state schools if you are in boundary. If I had a choice from those 2 schools I would choose Duncraig every day of the week
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that info ..mmm probably why duncraig's rents are more expensive
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 10:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
No waiting list for state schools if you are in boundary. If I had a choice from those 2 schools I would choose Duncraig every day of the week
I agree, also Kinross College is a middle school isn't it? I believe kids have to go to Mindarie High once they get into year 9 or something like that.

Duncraig has the best rep for a government school for miles around.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tenpoundpom
thanks for that info ..mmm probably why duncraig's rents are more expensive
Duncraig never has a lot of rental properties and they nearly all start at $450 a week at the moment. There is plenty of competition for them also. It's becoming a more popular area to live due to proximity of 2 good high schools and the primary schools aren't the worst either.

You could look at Padbury where rents are normally lower as Padbury High School is closing next year. As far as I am aware kids attending there can transfer to Duncraig after that as one option. Padbury at the moment is outside of their catchment and the way things are going I think in the future it will become harder and harder to get your kids in if you are out of area.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Duncraig never has a lot of rental properties and they nearly all start at $450 a week at the moment. There is plenty of competition for them also. It's becoming a more popular area to live due to proximity of 2 good high schools and the primary schools aren't the worst either.

You could look at Padbury where rents are normally lower as Padbury High School is closing next year. As far as I am aware kids attending there can transfer to Duncraig after that as one option. Padbury at the moment is outside of their catchment and the way things are going I think in the future it will become harder and harder to get your kids in if you are out of area.
I think I read somewhere that Padbury will be re-zoned for higher density. As a consequence, house prices have risen and eventually houses will be demolished or lose their back garden to new house building. This can also make it hard to get a reasonable long-term rental. There are also bits of Carine that are reasonable for rental and buying, and that high school is reported to be good.

Didn't Sean on here rent in Greenwood, but got his child into Duncraig SHS? Might be worth dropping him a pm.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

thanks for all your help..