Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

kings park perth meet november?

kings park perth meet november?

Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:43 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: kings park perth meet november?

Just thinking about the problem of how to establish a meeting place... there are maps of the Synergy Parkland (the area around the lake near the Zamia cafe) on boards all around that area, with numbered markers for various bits of the park. Maybe we should pick a number that'd cut the choice down to a very small number of trees That way, all someone would have to do is find the cafe and find a board with a map.

Cheers
b
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

kazza1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by benlast
Just thinking about the problem of how to establish a meeting place... there are maps of the Synergy Parkland (the area around the lake near the Zamia cafe) on boards all around that area, with numbered markers for various bits of the park. Maybe we should pick a number that'd cut the choice down to a very small number of trees That way, all someone would have to do is find the cafe and find a board with a map.

Cheers
b
I definitely agree, it's the second time we have been to one of these meets and the second time there was no flag/balloons or whatever the identifying marker was supposed to be!! Fortunately we met you and then Dorothy picked us up from the log!!

I'm getting quite used to walking up to random people in Kings Park asking if they are from BE, fortunately no-one has looked at me like I am too much of a weirdo! It just seems a shame that people make the effort to come to these events and then can't find the group.

Kx
Old Nov 16th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

How bout a meet on the other side of the lake, by the kids playground, (purely for selfish reasons that I can relax and still see littleun playing on equipment and for anyone else that has kids,) and we have lots and lots of red, white and blue balloons.
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:33 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yanchep
How bout a meet on the other side of the lake, by the kids playground, (purely for selfish reasons that I can relax and still see littleun playing on equipment and for anyone else that has kids,) and we have lots and lots of red, white and blue balloons.
That's a good idea: there are far fewer trees between the lake and the playground, which means fewer family groups of Aussies to annoy... oops, I mean trees to look under for Brits. And the dinosaur makes a good landmark

Cheers
b
Old Nov 16th 2008, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

yep theres always a dinosaur at a meet!! usually its me. lol
Old Nov 18th 2008, 3:26 am
Account Closed

Motorboater is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh No !! I've just logged on and saw that I missed it by 1 day. Bummer, and I live in South Perth too !!!!
Old Nov 18th 2008, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Never mind, you wont get away that easy, you will just have to meet us all at the next one