Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kings Park - Perth meet - May 15th anyone interested

Kings Park - Perth meet - May 15th anyone interested

Old May 10th 2005, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Default Re: Kings Park - Perth meet - May 15th anyone interested

Hi Paul, Louise and Laura,

Myself (Dave), my wife (Helen) and my stepson (Nathan) are intending to come along to the meet.

We have been here jsut under 4 months and are living in Currambine

Assuming it is not p*ssing it down, we are looking forward to a few beers and a chat in Kings Park.

See you there

Dave
Old May 11th 2005, 12:57 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by darkless
Hi Paul, Louise and Laura,

Myself (Dave), my wife (Helen) and my stepson (Nathan) are intending to come along to the meet.

We have been here jsut under 4 months and are living in Currambine

Assuming it is not p*ssing it down, we are looking forward to a few beers and a chat in Kings Park.

See you there

Dave
Likewise, we will get there if weather holds out, not looking good at the moment; http://www.weatherzone.com.au

We, Paul, Helen, Kieran & Connor have been here for seven months now.

Hopefully weather is wrong see you all there

Paul J
Old May 11th 2005, 11:52 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jacko1
Likewise, we will get there if weather holds out, not looking good at the moment; http://www.weatherzone.com.au

We, Paul, Helen, Kieran & Connor have been here for seven months now.

Hopefully weather is wrong see you all there

Paul J
Hi all,

Just in case that it is raining, has anyone any alteratives which are indoors or undercover. Just as a backup plan.

Cheers

Paul
Old May 13th 2005, 1:28 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

We're not gonna be able to make it on Sunday, but for those who are, the weather forecast is looking very grim!!

This from the WA weather centre:

SUNDAY:
Showers and rain areas becoming widespread during the day from the northwest and west. Isolated thunderstorms with locally heavy falls possible. Strong north to northwest winds becoming gale force about the lower southwest later.

Wouldn't fancy sitting under a tree in Kings Park when the lightning starts!

May be an idea to postpone the meet. It's getting a bit late now to rearrange it at an indoor venue.
Old May 13th 2005, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm sounds bad... is it worth checking the board on the day, wouldn't want to come all that way and find its off!
Old May 13th 2005, 1:55 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Larissa
Hmmmm sounds bad... is it worth checking the board on the day, wouldn't want to come all that way and find its off!
Must say that the WA Bureau Of Meteorology are usually spot on with their forecasts.

Remember, they sit for about 9 months of the year typing, "Sunny and hot" onto the website.
Then they actually get an interesting weather system to forecast, I would imagine they get all excited and make sure they get it right!!
Old May 13th 2005, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scossie
Must say that the WA Bureau Of Meteorology are usually spot on with their forecasts.

Remember, they sit for about 9 months of the year typing, "Sunny and hot" onto the website.
Then they actually get an interesting weather system to forecast, I would imagine they get all excited and make sure they get it right!!
They would be in heaven in Glasgow

Although would be reverse..."cold and dreich" for 11 months and 25 days
Old May 13th 2005, 10:26 pm
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Hi Paul - am PMing my mobile in case of weather issues as I'm planning to head down at 11:30 from Connolly. Got a mate who's also coming along.
Old May 14th 2005, 12:14 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Cant make it tomorrow. got to go and sort out buying a house !

Hope the weather is OK for you all and you have a good time.

have a for me.
Old May 14th 2005, 4:12 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Hope it goes well tomorrow! Was hoping to make it, but it doesn't look like me & the other half will be able to.
Old May 14th 2005, 6:40 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Still sounding quite bad:
Showers increasing to rain periods
and local thunderstorms tomorrow. Fresh N/NW'ly becoming strong tomorrow.

TODAY'S TEMPERATURE: Maximum: 24
TOMORROW'S TEMPERATURES: Minimum: 15 Maximum: 22
TODAY'S UV INDEX: 4 [MODERATE]

The overnight minimum was 13.1 at 0700 hours

At 11:20am the radar was detecting a line of showers offshore, moving towards
the coast.

A few showers are expected this afternoon but there should be lengthy fine
breaks.
On Sunday showers should increase to rain periods as a strong cold front
approaches. Winds will be strong NW'ly and there is a risk of thunderstorms.

Typical!!

I wasn't going to make it because we were going away with Pascal's work. That's been cancelled, but that means I can volunteer at the Million Paws Walk for the rspca. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302264 That's till 1.30, so might come round after that, depending on weather, and how tired I am(have to be there at 7am!!)
Old May 14th 2005, 10:25 am

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Hi all,

This sounds pretty bad with the rain. Has anyone any alternatives in light of the current weather conditions? I'm still pretty new... there's always pub on Trappers Drive, Woodvale, though prob a long way for some.

Are there any undercover places nearby? Or even a pub? Or somewhere we could have a meet? What a shame...

Lets see what people think.

I'll check back here later.

Paul

P.S. I still really want to make it, and expect to arrive between 10-11am.

Last edited by gajjitt; May 14th 2005 at 10:40 am.
Old May 14th 2005, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by gajjitt
Hi all,

This sounds pretty bad with the rain. Has anyone any alternatives in light of the current weather conditions? I'm still pretty new... there's always pub on Trappers Drive, Woodvale, though prob a long way for some.

Are there any undercover places nearby? Or even a pub? Or somewhere we could have a meet? What a shame...

Lets see what people think.

I'll check back here later.

Paul
The BOM show the following for Perth:

IDW12300
BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY
WESTERN AUSTRALIA REGIONAL OFFICE

FORECAST FOR THE PERTH METROPOLITAN AREA
Issued at 4:30pm WST on Saturday the 14th of May 2005 for tonight and Sunday

FORECAST:
On Sunday showers should increase and tend to rain periods and the risk of a
thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
The strong cold front should pass across Perth in the early hours of Monday
morning with rain, thunderstorms and squally conditions overnight. Showers and
winds should ease rapidly during the day on Monday.

Old May 14th 2005, 2:17 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really know of an alternative where you can go with kids and everything.
Is there a cafe in that area of the park?

I really don't have any idea's....

Last year august we met up at the Breakwater Tavern in Hillary's... But I'm not sure if it's too late to change it to something like that. Unless you have everyone's phone number.... It's not that central though...

Oh, I don't know!!
Old May 14th 2005, 2:17 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gajjitt
The BOM show the following for Perth:

IDW12300
BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY
WESTERN AUSTRALIA REGIONAL OFFICE

FORECAST FOR THE PERTH METROPOLITAN AREA
Issued at 4:30pm WST on Saturday the 14th of May 2005 for tonight and Sunday

FORECAST:
On Sunday showers should increase and tend to rain periods and the risk of a
thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening.
The strong cold front should pass across Perth in the early hours of Monday
morning with rain, thunderstorms and squally conditions overnight. Showers and
winds should ease rapidly during the day on Monday.

See what its like in the morning, was supposed to rain today!

Paul J

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.