Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kings Park, Perth - first 2009 meetup

Kings Park, Perth - first 2009 meetup

Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:45 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of
Default Re: Kings Park, Perth - first 2009 meetup

Well, the last one was on the 16th of November, so Sunday two months on would be the 18th of January 2009. Hopefully that's sufficiently far away from (a) now and (b) Australia Day
Cheers
b
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benlast
Well, the last one was on the 16th of November, so Sunday two months on would be the 18th of January 2009. Hopefully that's sufficiently far away from (a) now and (b) Australia Day
Cheers
b
Will there be cake? That's my birthday, so there better be cake.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:14 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's my birthday a couple of days before then, so there ought to be cake, by rights.

Cheers
b
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It's my birthday a couple of days before then, so there ought to be cake, by rights.

Cheers
b
I got a Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas, so I'll make us a cake.

Ok, we've got a date, so let's think about where. I know some people had asked for it to be nearer the playground for the kids. Looks like you're in charge, though, Ben. Wherever you say.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:02 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Happy Birthday for then!
It's my OH's Birthday then too, so we may not be able to make it cos we're having a party the night before
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

Hi all,

Any confirmation on the time and which part of Kings Park yet as I have a friend leaving the UK on the 13th January who I'll email details to before she leaves?

Unfortunately I wont be there as we are in Queensland, but hope you all have a great time!

Dawn
Old Jan 9th 2009, 12:50 am
Citizen Of The World

Originally Posted by Dawn-D
Hi all,

Any confirmation on the time and which part of Kings Park yet as I have a friend leaving the UK on the 13th January who I'll email details to before she leaves?

Unfortunately I wont be there as we are in Queensland, but hope you all have a great time!

Dawn
As far as location, it'll be the Synergy Parkland area, near the Zamia cafe. Near "B" on the map here.

More exact directions to follow when I get down there with me camera and take a picture of the useful map!

Time... the last one was at 12pm, so I guess this one should follow suit.

12pm on Sunday the 18th of January 2009

Cheers
b
Old Jan 9th 2009, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Dawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really niceDawn-D is just really nice

As far as location, it'll be the Synergy Parkland area, near the Zamia cafe. Near "B" on the map here.

More exact directions to follow when I get down there with me camera and take a picture of the useful map!

Time... the last one was at 12pm, so I guess this one should follow suit.

12pm on Sunday the 18th of January 2009

Cheers
b

Hi benlast,

Thanks for coming back with the info....I'll pass these details on to my friend!

Regards

Dawn
Old Jan 10th 2009, 8:56 am
Citizen Of The World

Ok, folks, take a look at the attachment. It's a map of the Synergy Parkland in Kings Park.

To get to the Synergy Parkland, the easiest way is to enter Kings Park via Saw Avenue, which enters the Park from the North, off Thomas Street. As you drive into the park along Saw Avenue, you'll reach a T junction. Turn right, along May Drive, and it's around 600m to the Zamia Cafe and the Synergy Parkland. There's parking in front of the Zamia Cafe, but also all along May Drive.

If you walk into the Synergy Parkland past the Zamia Cafe, you'll see the lake in front of you. What I suggest is this: walk around the lake to the far side and find the location marked as 8 on the map (the dinosaur at location 7 is a good landmark if you get lost). There are some trees near location 8 and we'll try and get a spot there, near the shore of the lake and handy for the playground.

Since it's a Sunday in the park and therefore probably busy, it might be that there'll be no space near location 8, in which case we'll try and find spot further anticlockwise around the lake, near the spot marked with a B on the picture. Wherever we go, we'll try to stay close to the shore of the lake so that it's easier to find us.

Either way, we will have a small Australian flag next to us, so that it's easier for you to spot us.

Hope those directions are helpful

Cheers
b
Attached Thumbnails Kings Park, Perth - first 2009 meetup-synergy-parkland-map-1a.jpg  
Old Jan 10th 2009, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

flo&mags is an unknown quantity at this point

We will try & get there this time!! And will mention it to other too..
Old Jan 11th 2009, 10:51 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

sorry Folks wont be there

have another camping trip planned

have a great time
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

NessieNoo is an unknown quantity at this point

argh, our plane doesn't land until 15:10 so guess we will have to catch you all on the next one

Have fun at your meet up and as always, happy reading !
Old Jan 13th 2009, 12:58 am
Just Joined

leggy53 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ben

Its been a while since we first started posting here and the last 2 months since we arrived have just flown by.

Will be there on Sunday.

Cheers for organising all this.

See you sunday

Pete, Mel and baby Archie
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:37 pm
Citizen Of The World

Re yesterday's bushfires: if anyone living closer to the city has info on whether the park is still likely to be closed, or whether the Synergy Parkland area was affected, it'd be good to know. We're planning on going down to the city later today, so assuming that the roads into the park are open, we'll take a quick look.

Cheers
b
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:43 pm
Still alive

Re yesterday's bushfires: if anyone living closer to the city has info on whether the park is still likely to be closed, or whether the Synergy Parkland area was affected, it'd be good to know. We're planning on going down to the city later today, so assuming that the roads into the park are open, we'll take a quick look.

Cheers
b
I was thinking this morning whether the park would be open. Let us all know what the score is.

I may not make it tomorrow as we're going out tonight. Depending on my head in the morning we'll either be there or I'll be sequestered in a dark and quiet room nursing the mother of all hangovers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.