Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kings Cross - Sydney

Kings Cross - Sydney

Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:15 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kings Cross - Sydney

Hi folks,

Just been offered a really great deal on a house share in KX. Can anyone tell me much about the place, I'm going to be there for 4 months, and the other guys that I've spoken to seem like a right giggle.

Any thoughts?
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

cookem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kings Cross - Sydney

Originally Posted by MJC
Hi folks,

Just been offered a really great deal on a house share in KX. Can anyone tell me much about the place, I'm going to be there for 4 months, and the other guys that I've spoken to seem like a right giggle.

Any thoughts?
The areas great for clubbing. It's also good for prostitutes and drug addicts. Ive been there a few times but mostly steer clear of the place.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:27 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds right up my street!!!
Originally Posted by cookem
It's also good for prostitutes and drug addicts.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

It's a great place...full or, erm, character. I lived there for 3 months and had no problems at all. There were some syringes lying around which was a bit nasty but I always felt safe there...I guess because it is always so busy.

Anyway, I expect the syringes have put you off - it wasnt nice seeing them (but then I have also seen people jacking up in Central Park).

And it smells of sex and fast food haha....you'll know why when you get there.

SS
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 6:52 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Kings Cross is the red light district so expect strip clubs, sex shops, tourists, backpackers, prostitutes and all round debauchery.

Great if you are single and want a bit of fun.

There are some great cafe/bars around if you are game enough to venture off the main drag and into the back streets.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

And they have given the Coca-Cola sign a face-lift

SS
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by MJC
Hi folks,

Any thoughts?
Ooh er. Kings Cross eh?
I spent a bit of time there.
Kings Cross is well...Kings Cross.
On the face of it it's a bit seedy and dodgy.
It's normal to see prostitutes, transexuals, backpackers and junkies and scrapping Aboriginals and bar fights and shootings.
As well as guided groups of Japanese tourists and the odd film crew.
I felt reasonably safe there but then I knew the place fairly well.
The second time I was there I stayed at Eva's Backpackers for a week while I sold my van at the dreaded Kings Cross Backpackers Car Market (shudder).
There were two shootings in that week, one of them fatal and on the main drag which is a feww hundred yards long.
Some good friends of ours spent three months there. They were in a cheep house share and when I saw it I could tell why. It was a roach filled sh*t hole.
I'm not trying to scare you off as I had a great time there but you should be aware of what the place is like and go into it with your eyes open.

Enjoy.

Scotty.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:49 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks guys, I think that sounds like a wheeze, the guy's did say it was a bit colourfull, and you had to be used to a certain sort of "lifestyle", it seems they're correct. I mean I didn't want to disappointed now did I???
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice

Originally Posted by MJC
Thanks guys, I think that sounds like a wheeze, the guy's did say it was a bit colourfull, and you had to be used to a certain sort of "lifestyle", it seems they're correct. I mean I didn't want to disappointed now did I???
Nice one.
If that's the case your gonna have a ball mate.

Scotty.