Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kindie/School fees on 457 visa whilst applying for permanent visa

Kindie/School fees on 457 visa whilst applying for permanent visa

Old Mar 26th 2006, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kindie/School fees on 457 visa whilst applying for permanent visa

From what I understand you get full medicare, on a 457 visa, as soon as you apply for a permanent visa.

Does the same apply with kindie/school fees - or do you still have to pay for school fees until you have actually receive your permanent visa?
Old Mar 26th 2006, 10:42 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kindie/School fees on 457 visa whilst applying for permanent visa

Originally Posted by Luma
From what I understand you get full medicare, on a 457 visa, as soon as you apply for a permanent visa.

Does the same apply with kindie/school fees - or do you still have to pay for school fees until you have actually receive your permanent visa?
JAJ confirmed the first part recently.

Don't know the answer to the second question but bear in mind states have different regs when it comes to education costs so make sure it's a reply for WA.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 3:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that pointer

I was trying to searth on www.immi.gov.au for answers. All I could find is that in NSW and Tasmania you do have to pay for school fees - but I'm not sure about WA?

Originally Posted by Bix
JAJ confirmed the first part recently.

Don't know the answer to the second question but bear in mind states have different regs when it comes to education costs so make sure it's a reply for WA.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Coulterk will become famous soon enoughCoulterk will become famous soon enough

We are in Perth. When we got here on a 457 we did not have to pay school fees. The 457 gives you the same as PR status as far as school fees are concerned. I had to provide copies of the visas for the children and that was it. Easy.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coulterk
We are in Perth. When we got here on a 457 we did not have to pay school fees. The 457 gives you the same as PR status as far as school fees are concerned. I had to provide copies of the visas for the children and that was it. Easy.
For school age children it varies from state to state. For tertiary education (18+) you will definitely have to pay overseas fees if on a 457.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks

Originally Posted by Coulterk