Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

kindergarten Qld...confused!

kindergarten Qld...confused!

Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:07 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default kindergarten Qld...confused!

Hi all, I ahve just done a search but cant find anything about Kindy. Went onto Qld education and there is nothing about Kindy, it says that there is now a ft pre prep...does that meen they have done away with Kindy? I am keen to hear from someone that has children at Kindy. Thanks x
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:33 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: kindergarten Qld...confused!

Look at C&K: http://www.candk.asn.au/

these guys run what is known as "kindy" - although their website does seem to call it "pre-prep"!!

My daughter (4 next week) attends a C&K "Community Kindergarten" 5 days fortnight and LOVES it. Next January she'll start proper compulsory school "prep" (5 days a week)...

feel free to PM if you have more questions
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

hi, i have my 2 and a half year old booked in for kindy, a c&k one. His birthday is in july, missing the june cut off, but they are taking him at 3 and a half as they have spaces available. He will have to spend two years at kindy as he will not be entitled to a place at prep 'til 2011.

HTH
Katie
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:13 am
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KatieStar
hi, i have my 2 and a half year old booked in for kindy, a c&k one. His birthday is in july, missing the june cut off, but they are taking him at 3 and a half as they have spaces available. He will have to spend two years at kindy as he will not be entitled to a place at prep 'til 2011.

HTH
Katie
How many days is he attending and at what cost? x
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

he will go for 2 days a week. I haven't asked the cost LOL, sorry. I expect it will be around $300 a term.

Katie
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

sprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nicesprug is just really nice

My son goes to kindy two days a week 9-2.30 the cost is 415$ per term.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the info. The impression I get is that all the kindies charge slightly different prices. It will be finalized in September, when they let me know what days he will go, and I will find out how much they want me to pay.

Katie
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:34 am

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
My son goes to Pre school(part of a day care centre) 3 days a week-he will start full time school next year when he is 5 1/2.The Kindy room is the age group below him.
We pay $180 per fortnight ,thats with the child care benefit from the government.He loves it! would have been in full time school in the UK so its nice having him at home a little longer
good luck xx