Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kindergarten Brisbane

Kindergarten Brisbane

Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice
Default Kindergarten Brisbane

Are kindergartens free in QLD at all ??
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kindergarten Brisbane

No they're not. Here's a link to C&K Brisbane which may answer some questions you have. http://www.candk.asn.au/
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

No, not free until Prep.

Highly recommmend C&K - get your name on a list for them asap if you decide you like them. They do a 5-day fortnight, work to school terms (4) and are about $600 a term (each centre has different fees). Hours are 9-2:30 so if you are working they are not ideal and it would be better to use long daycare.

HTH
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

mala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nicemala is just really nice

west end c & k have vacancies .. but i am a little worried if i can actually afford that since i dont have a job yet

just being a little extra careful with my $$ since i am a single mum with two dependents
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

JAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really niceJAMFC is just really nice

If you are eligible for a Health Care Card you will get DRASTICALLY reduced fees
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAMFC
If you are eligible for a Health Care Card you will get DRASTICALLY reduced fees
elibigle but has a 104wk waiting period
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

That's a shame

I know the kindy we go to allow some parents to have a payment plan where you pay weekly or fortnightly instead of the whole term fees upfront. I think it's up to the individual kindy though and is on a case-by-case basis.

I have twins at C&K this year and the fees are expensive, but worth it I feel. Also you do get a small amount back from CCB (if you are entitled to that?), but it's not much.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

oh i am. how much will that be ?
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

You can't claim it until the end of term when CCB receipts are issued. You have to fill out a new claim form for each term and lodge it at the Family Assistance Office (Medicare or Centrelink).

You get about a quarter back. First term I got just under $192 back, that was for fees for 2 kids of about $1050 - I'm not sure whether you get a different amount back based on circumstances, or whether everyone gets the same.

Haven't got last terms back yet.....

Good luck!
Old Jul 13th 2011, 12:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mala
oh i am. how much will that be ?
If you have PR and you are on a low income you will get a fair bit back in child care benefit (CCB). You can get it taken out at source by the child care centre so you don't have to pay it and then claim.

Whatever is left over for you to pay is then cut in half again by the child care rebate (CCR).

So if it costs $60 and CCB gives you back $24 then you have $36 left to pay. CCR then pays half of this for you, ie $18, so in the end only costs you $18.

These figures are just examples.

The 50% CCR is not means tested so if you meet the other requirements, eg working or looking for work x number of hours per week, anyone can get it.

With a PR visa you can also immediately get family tax benefit and rent assistance.

Last edited by fish.01; Jul 13th 2011 at 12:32 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAMFC
You can't claim it until the end of term when CCB receipts are issued. You have to fill out a new claim form for each term and lodge it at the Family Assistance Office (Medicare or Centrelink).

You get about a quarter back. First term I got just under $192 back, that was for fees for 2 kids of about $1050 - I'm not sure whether you get a different amount back based on circumstances, or whether everyone gets the same.

Haven't got last terms back yet.....

Good luck!
If you are working you should also get 50% of your out of pocket costs back as well through CCR?
Old Jul 13th 2011, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fish.01
If you have PR and you are on a low income you will get a fair bit back in child care benefit (CCB). You can get it taken out at source by the child care centre so you don't have to pay it and then claim.

Whatever is left over for you to pay is then cut in half again by the child care rebate (CCR).

So if it costs $60 and CCB gives you back $24 then you have $36 left to pay. CCR then pays half of this for you, ie $18, so in the end only costs you $18.

These figures are just examples.

The 50% CCR is not means tested so if you meet the other requirements, eg working or looking for work x number of hours per week, anyone can get it.

With a PR visa you can also immediately get family tax benefit and rent assistance.
i've applied for tax benefit and rent assistance a week ago, but still it seems nothing has been done about it
Old Jul 14th 2011, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

fish.01 - C&K is a bit different in the that you don't get the 50% back, it's something to do with being 'approved care' vs. 'registered care' (or something like that). It's a shame.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Pipers Mummy is on a distinguished road

Is that a new thing then not being entitled to 50% back as that's what we got last year We didn't get any CCB reduction but we did get 50% back from the Government on all fee's paid. C&K is well worth every cent IMO.
Old Jul 14th 2011, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pipers Mummy
Is that a new thing then not being entitled to 50% back as that's what we got last year We didn't get any CCB reduction but we did get 50% back from the Government on all fee's paid. C&K is well worth every cent IMO.
Oh, I'm not sure! We didn't get it in 2009 and haven't got it this year either.....I know some C&Ks are Affilliated and some are Branch Members so maybe that makes a difference?? (ours is Affiliated - not run by C&K but by a Committee).
I agree, well worth every cent!

OP, probably best to check out all options with your individual centre

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.