Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids visa's granted.

Kids visa's granted.

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of
Default Kids visa's granted.

It's been a long battle, but after winning custody of my two kids, this morning I received that wonderful email from DIAC stating that their visa's (PR101) have been granted. They are flying out this weekend and I will be travelling down to collect them

John
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice
Default Re: Kids visa's granted.

Congrats, you must be thrilled. Best of luck x
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 10:04 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that must be an amazing feeling, well done
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 11:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, must be a big relief.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 3:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John_R
It's been a long battle, but after winning custody of my two kids, this morning I received that wonderful email from DIAC stating that their visa's (PR101) have been granted. They are flying out this weekend and I will be travelling down to collect them

John
Great stuff! Congratulations
Old Mar 3rd 2011, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

That's brilliant news Congratulations!

Alison x
Old Mar 4th 2011, 1:56 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

It's been a long battle, but after winning custody of my two kids, this morning I received that wonderful email from DIAC stating that their visa's (PR101) have been granted. They are flying out this weekend and I will be travelling down to collect them :
Congratulations!

You should be aware that they can become citizens without meeting the 4 year residence requirement IF you can become a citizen (or at least, approved for citizenship) before they turn 16.

Is that a realistic prospect?
Old Mar 4th 2011, 2:05 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats
Old Mar 4th 2011, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
Congratulations!

You should be aware that they can become citizens without meeting the 4 year residence requirement IF you can become a citizen (or at least, approved for citizenship) before they turn 16.

Is that a realistic prospect?
Yes it is. I have spoken to DIAC and as long as I meet the requirements then, as you have stated, they are also entitled to citizenship. I'm here on a PR subclass 120, and will be applying for citizenship in the latter of 2012.

John
Old Mar 4th 2011, 2:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is. I have spoken to DIAC and as long as I meet the requirements then, as you have stated, they are also entitled to citizenship. I'm here on a PR subclass 120, and will be applying for citizenship in the latter of 2012.
You said on another thread that one of your children is age 14, so you are likely to be quite marginal on the timing. Bear in mind that DIAC will not be flexible ... 16 years and 1 day at the relevant time means the 4 year wait applies.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
You said on another thread that one of your children is age 14, so you are likely to be quite marginal on the timing. Bear in mind that DIAC will not be flexible ... 16 years and 1 day at the relevant time means the 4 year wait applies.
Thanks, that they didn't say Unfortunately he will be 16 June 2012, I will be eligible for citizenship in October 2012.

John
Old Mar 5th 2011, 7:52 pm
JAJ
Retired

Unfortunately he will be 16 June 2012, I will be eligible for citizenship in October 2012.
Unfortunately he'll have to wait the 4 years, as by the time you are eligible for citizenship, he will be too old to be included on your application.

Look to see what it says at http://www.citizenship.gov.au

UNLESS - there is some way you can qualify a little sooner. Did you spend any time in Australia in 2007-08, before you landed as a resident? If so, when was this and on what visa?
Old Mar 5th 2011, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Unfortunately he'll have to wait the 4 years, as by the time you are eligible for citizenship, he will be too old to be included on your application.

Look to see what it says at http://www.citizenship.gov.au

UNLESS - there is some way you can qualify a little sooner. Did you spend any time in Australia in 2007-08, before you landed as a resident? If so, when was this and on what visa?
I was in Australia in jan/feb 2008 for 10 days on a tourist visa. Went to Sydney for a job interview.

John
Old Mar 6th 2011, 1:31 am
JAJ
Retired

I was in Australia in jan/feb 2008 for 10 days on a tourist visa. Went to Sydney for a job interview.
You MIGHT be in luck and be able to count the 4 year time from then, which would allow you to include your son if you apply in January 2012.

Between your departure from Australia in February 2008, and now, how many days have you spent outside Australia? There is obviously an 8 month period between February and October 2008, how much extra time have you spent outside?
Old Mar 6th 2011, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
You MIGHT be in luck and be able to count the 4 year time from then, which would allow you to include your son if you apply in January 2012.

Between your departure from Australia in February 2008, and now, how many days have you spent outside Australia? There is obviously an 8 month period between February and October 2008, how much extra time have you spent outside?
Intresting I was in the UK in Nov 2010 for 10 days, that's it.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.