Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids, they break your heart!

Kids, they break your heart!

Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:07 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kids, they break your heart!

My son who's 8th birthday was last week got an electric guitar from his gran. He also got some birthday money which he was saving up to buy an amp. I was taking him to school yesterday morning and he mentioned how he din't want to buy an amp anymore. I asked him why and he said he wanted to save his money for Australia. That way we would have enough money to go without having to sell the house here in the UK!

Broke my heart.....Just thought I'd share

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:10 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids, they break your heart!

Originally Posted by Stitch
My son who's 8th birthday was last week got an electric guitar from his gran. He also got some birthday money which he was saving up to buy an amp. I was taking him to school yesterday morning and he mentioned how he din't want to buy an amp anymore. I asked him why and he said he wanted to save his money for Australia. That way we would have enough money to go without having to sell the house here in the UK!

Cheers

Ginny
Ah bless him, they really get ya don't they.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Ginny
arghh, do you think he might be worrying about selling up and going gin? the minds of young children are more advanced than we sometimes give credit for.

good luck

debs
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:16 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
arghh, do you think he might be worrying about selling up and going gin? the minds of young children are more advanced than we sometimes give credit for.

good luck

debs

He's coming around to the idea. He cries a lot but I think it has done him the world of good. He now says that he's kind of excited to go on one hand and upset on the other. A few months ago he WAS NOT going! So at least we're making progress. Fingers crossed we can all get through this.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

He's coming around to the idea. He cries a lot but I think it has done him the world of good. He now says that he's kind of excited to go on one hand and upset on the other. A few months ago he WAS NOT going! So at least we're making progress. Fingers crossed we can all get through this.

Cheers

Ginny
definately sounds like he's coming around to the idea! i think at that age it is probably the hardest age, even more so than teens. at least with my teens they are old enough to understand about the change at what it will mean.

let him watch neighbours today and se the year 12's have a great time on the last day of school
Old Jan 10th 2006, 2:21 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by debbiemc
definately sounds like he's coming around to the idea! i think at that age it is probably the hardest age, even more so than teens. at least with my teens they are old enough to understand about the change at what it will mean.

let him watch neighbours today and se the year 12's have a great time on the last day of school
Might just do that.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:26 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

awww bless him!

has he been on any of the kids threads on here to chat to other kids? My daughter who's nearly 10 has been on a few times but she has to fight me first! lol.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:31 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Aaaah, that is really cute. Goes to show you have brought up a very thoughtful boy

Yesterday morning I was lamenting about all the things I was going to have to do after Terry has flown out, and have to see to the move on my own, to which my son (13) says "but I'll help you at the weekends and after school in the evenings. And I don't want you doing any of the heavy work while I am at school and hurting yourself, you can just wait until I get home."

Little treasures.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:20 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Aaaah, that is really cute. Goes to show you have brought up a very thoughtful boy

Yesterday morning I was lamenting about all the things I was going to have to do after Terry has flown out, and have to see to the move on my own, to which my son (13) says "but I'll help you at the weekends and after school in the evenings. And I don't want you doing any of the heavy work while I am at school and hurting yourself, you can just wait until I get home."

Little treasures.
Oh, that brought a tear to my eye. Don't you just love em to bits sometimes!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I've a lump in my throat too.
What a lovely boy you have there . You should be very proud. Don't they just rip your heart out though .
TJ
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

My 6 year old daughter - Beth is saving her pound a week sweet money for Australia, so we can buy a swimming pool, haven't the heart to tell her five pounds isn't enough (well she keeps spending bits!)

On the other hand though my 13 year old son - Chris has said he's saving his money and coming straight back to England as soon as he's 16, to live with his Grandma (she said not bloody likely!)
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:35 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

on New Years Day we were all having dinner and we had to say a speech. My son (9) said, thankyou to Mum for a lovely dinner and doing eveything she does, thankyou for such a lovely kind and cuddly big sister, thanks to Dad for going out to work every day so we can be here, and most important of all thanks for such a wonderful happy family. me and hubby looked at each other with tears in eyes, couldnt speak.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by biggy
on New Years Day we were all having dinner and we had to say a speech. My son (9) said, thankyou to Mum for a lovely dinner and doing eveything she does, thankyou for such a lovely kind and cuddly big sister, thanks to Dad for going out to work every day so we can be here, and most important of all thanks for such a wonderful happy family. me and hubby looked at each other with tears in eyes, couldnt speak.
lump in throat has now developed into tears - thanks for that
TJ
Old Jan 10th 2006, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy

AAWWW bless him. we're lucky if our son puts his gameboy down long enough for him to notice we live in the same house.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 9:04 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

I'm away for the hankies now after reading your posts!

Cheers

Ginny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.