Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids swimming lessons, Gold Coast

Kids swimming lessons, Gold Coast

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:17 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute
Question Kids swimming lessons, Gold Coast

Can anyone please recommend a good pool for lessons in the Pac Pines/Helensvale area. I went along to the one at the Rugby Cub at Helensvale today, but it looked a bit rough

Thanks

Jan
Old Oct 3rd 2006, 12:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids swimming lessons, Gold Coast

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
Can anyone please recommend a good pool for lessons in the Pac Pines/Helensvale area. I went along to the one at the Rugby Cub at Helensvale today, but it looked a bit rough

Thanks

Jan
I know you don't want to hear it but we have a brilliant olympic pool with fab teaching at $5 per child for one and a half hours a time down this end

There is a pool round the corner from Upper Comera State College - I believe they do lessons there.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Thanks

Jan
Hi Jan,

My kids went to Shapland Swim School in Gaven, the owners have a big house and acreage and have a huge pool at the bottom of their property which they use for their business, they are accredited swim teachers and so are the staff, they only take 3 kids per lesson, I tried a few swim schools and found them the best with the kids, very patient, you should go and have a look,($11 a lesson), their address is
Shapland Swim School
23 Glade Drive
Gaven
phone- 55298686

Lisa
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Hi Jan,

My kids went to Shapland Swim School in Gaven, the owners have a big house and acreage and have a huge pool at the bottom of their property which they use for their business, they are accredited swim teachers and so are the staff, they only take 3 kids per lesson, I tried a few swim schools and found them the best with the kids, very patient, you should go and have a look,($11 a lesson), their address is
Shapland Swim School
23 Glade Drive
Gaven
phone- 55298686

Lisa
Hi,

This one sounds really good but if you cant get booked in here, the swimming pool in Upper Coomera is called 'Gullivers' and they do swimming lessons there but couldnt comment on whether they are good.

Julia
Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:24 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

If you are willing to travel a bit there is a great one in Highland Park, Nerang & run by an ex-olympic swimmer.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Pools are also located at Robina, Mudgeeraba, Pizzy park (where Grant Hackett trains ) and just by Australia Fair, Southport.
Old Oct 5th 2006, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

LIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond reputeLIBBY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jan,

I take my Son to Gullivers at Uppper Coomera. They are great and he has come on leaps and bounds and really enjoys it.

LibbyX
Old Oct 5th 2006, 4:14 am
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Jan

Just up the road from Harbour Town there is Harbourtown swim academy. It's on Pine Ridge Road. My daughter has been having lessons there since we arrived in Oz and is now swimming on her own so They've began to teach her breast stroke. It's $10 a 20 min lesson or you can book 10 for $90. They're open Mon - Thurs and on Saturday. The lady who teaches on a Sat morning is very good (can't place her name) as is a lady named Vikki who is currently the one my daughter has lessons with as weekday lessons suit us better than weekend ones. Some afternoons the pool is open to the public to take their children in to practise or just have a swim, that's about $5, can't really remember as I've only done it once.
Marie
Old Oct 5th 2006, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floweroscotland
Hi Jan,

Shapland Swim School
23 Glade Drive
Gaven
phone- 55298686

Lisa

Hi there, must agree with Lisa, she recommended this one to us, our youngest wouldn't even put his toes in when we got here yet within a few months he was away.

No stopping him now.