Kids and snakes

Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kids and snakes

How do you teach your little ones to steer well clear and be careful to check for snakes without scaring the living daylights out of them?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Kids and snakes

I just explained to my children, my eldest is 14, then 11 and 9 and my youngest is 4, that Australian animals arent the same as england and that there are some nice animals and not so nice animals...just like people...so if they are to see any animal in the garden or when they are out and about then just to be on the safe side not to go near it. I reminded them of the dangerous dogs and stranger danger chats we have had in the past and said its just the same...but they may see snakes, spiders etc that they havent seen before so until we know what they are then to tell me or daddy straight away.

Hope they have took it in.

Good luck.

Nickie
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

dj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the roughdj nee is a jewel in the rough

Yeah its a difficult one for sure.

Especially after telling the kids whilst back in the UK that "it's fine....it's only a spider....don't worry!"

Now we're having to go back on our word! Luckily so far they have reported any sightings!! (usually just daddy long legs thankfully!)
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Our little one is only 7 months old... but it wont be long until she starts walking and starting to be able to understand...
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:35 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Might I suggest...."Snakes on a plane".... second thoughts maybe not..
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Might I suggest...."Snakes on a plane".... second thoughts maybe not..
I'll go with your second thought
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Try having this conversation - yes i know there is a spider with a red back in the play area at Hungry Jacks but you musn't touch spiders/snakes/anything thats crawling, but tell Mummy and Daddy - thankfully they told me!

Lindsey
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Try having this conversation - yes i know there is a spider with a red back in the play area at Hungry Jacks but you musn't touch spiders/snakes/anything thats crawling, but tell Mummy and Daddy - thankfully they told me!

Lindsey
Which Hungry Jacks. I am staying well clear!!!!

Just bought our spider catcher online. Had a pretend spider with it to practise how to pick it up. Stupidly the kids saw my husband touching it. I have spent the last 9 months telling them not to touch spiders and to come and tell me and they have done. Lets hope they remember that first of all. Trying to explain "not real" "pretend" to a 2 year old is not easy!!!! Men!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Simpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really nice

Yummy, hungry Jacks, I miss Hungry Jacks.
Anyway, back to the topic.
x