Reload this Page >

kids party ideas

kids party ideas

Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kids party ideas

hi
we are having a party for the kids (4 and 2) to say goodbye to friends. we are using a local hall. it is huge, but we do not have time to decorate at all. i will be doing snacks only. any ideas how to make it special?
Old Feb 20th 2004, 6:38 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kids party ideas

Originally posted by bazfer
hi
we are having a party for the kids (4 and 2) to say goodbye to friends. we are using a local hall. it is huge, but we do not have time to decorate at all. i will be doing snacks only. any ideas how to make it special?
Get really hammered and let the kids do what they want to you. They love that stuff
Old Feb 20th 2004, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Tell all the kids its a fancy dress party, or maybe a themed party -

hawaiian - nice and bright,

aussie - plenty of cork hats etc,

etc, etc.
Old Feb 20th 2004, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

VickyW is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
Hi,

Get lots of cheap disposable cameras scatter them around the room and let the kids snap away. They'll love posing for the photos and your kids have a momento to keep forever!
Old Feb 20th 2004, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

We had a jungle party - she's still obsessed with jungles 6 months after. We did jungle invites, they dressed up as jungle animals, did limbo dancing, had blow up snakes etc. and they all posed behind a monkey cutout I painted. They even had "jungle juice" to drink - mixed up loads of fruit juices and it went green. It did get more expensive than I planned though, plus now I have to top that one! If you're arty it's amazing what you can do with some large pieces of cardboard and some poster paint!
Larissa
Old Feb 20th 2004, 9:49 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
How about getting one of those spanish things that you fill with sweets etc and the kids have to bash it till it breaks..can't remember what they are called. Anyway have a great website for kids partys. Used them at New Year really fast delivery. www.partybox.co.uk

Old Feb 20th 2004, 11:28 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by maxpaxx
How about getting one of those spanish things that you fill with sweets etc and the kids have to bash it till it breaks..can't remember what they are called. Anyway have a great website for kids partys. Used them at New Year really fast delivery. www.partybox.co.uk

you mean a piniatta?? dunno if i spelt that right.....anyway yes they are excellent. my daughters school have one every summer fete and it goes down a bomb!!!!!!!!!

sue
Old Feb 21st 2004, 6:36 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

What about a Knights, Kings & Princesses party? Michael went to one of those earlier this year, all the kids had to come dressed as one of the above, the kids had an absolute ball. They hired a kids castle & had all sorts of games to do with it. A BIG hit.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

How about a magician - we did this in the UK and it went down great.

Steve
Old Feb 21st 2004, 7:41 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Ted Smart has a great book out called 'Children's Parties'
ISBN 0 09 182151 7
It has great ideas, some of the ones already mentioned plus, fairies and elves, circus, seaside, nursery rhyme, teddy bears' picnic, outerspace, cowboys and indians, pirate and a few others. As well as costume ideas it also gives you ideas for food and themed games. Good luck.

Sarah

PS I didn't pay £12.99 for mine I picked it up in the works for about £4.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

bazfer is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the ideas