Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids Mugged at Ocean Reef...What happening to the Joondalup area ???

Kids Mugged at Ocean Reef...What happening to the Joondalup area ???

Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice
Default Re: Kids Mugged at Ocean Reef...What happening to the Joondalup area ???

I emergrated 10 years ago from the UK and then hardly any violance.
Its a great shame people are coming over from not only the UK but other countrys as well spoiling this beautiful place.
And like some I am ashamed to be English,not happy unless causing trouble.
Love that sign on back of cars Australia full if only that was true.
If these people are commmiting crimes they should be deported back to thier own country might think twice then.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:34 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kids Mugged at Ocean Reef...What happening to the Joondalup area ???

Originally Posted by lol
Hi there

My boys (aged 16) were mugged at the Ocean Reef basketball courts at the weekend, the guys were driving a 4 x 4 white car and they had baseball bats and iron bars...... I cant believe it !!!! Whats happening.... I also have found out they did it to another kid, they must of done it to alot more. Its so scary. Joondalup area is defo changing, my boy has also been chased through ocean reef when he was on his bike by some men who wanted his bike... I know its sounds unbelievable but it happened, my two boys had their bikes pinched at mcdonalds, some men (who were tradies) held the door shut so they couldnt get out of macdonalds and the others took their bikes, the police were called by macdonalds. my children wont go to:-

Whitfords on a thursday late night, if they do go they will stay in the centre, they will not catch the bus home because alot of youths hang out looking for a fight.

McDonalds at currambine on a friday night, they have now put security on the doors.

They will go the grand cinemas on a friday night but come straight home because these gangs hang around outside. Just looking for fights.

Joondalup train station is a no go aswell, they know children from school who have been mugged there. These gangs hang out at the train station so they have got security there aswell.

I love Australia and my life here and my children are not wimps but its called been wise and staying away from trouble. The high school has changed my older boy is in Year 11 and my youngest year 8 but the older one says its getting worse, even the teachers have commented it. My older son said he was ashamed to be english the other day because most of (not all) the gangs are english. This weekend has left me with lots to think about, to be totally honest I didnt come to Australia so my kids cant go places or not feel safe, I know life is not perfect anywhere but as parents we have to make the best decisions to keep our children safe....

As i have been typing this It just makes my tummy turn ...its sounds so horrible and I know we dont like to hear it but its happening. I am left feeling confused/shocked/trouble..... thanks lots.
Why move to Perth, theres so many Brits there its just like the UK, where l live in country Victoria nothing like that happens.

Last edited by mohogony; Aug 17th 2009 at 11:36 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice

10 years ago it wasn't so bad.
And Perth is a beautiful place just a shame people are out to spoil it.
I think there should be a clause in the visa system if caught causing trouble numourous times they should be deported.
If its kids then the whole family should be made to leave then maybe they will think twice where thier kids are.
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:40 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Family of 3
That does sound awful. Rather worrying if it's Brits causing the trouble. Not really going to make the Aussies welcome us, is it!

Hope your boys are OK.
Did'nt know there are any Aussies in Perth to Welcome you, l thought its only Brits and South aficans that live there, all the Aussies live in the eastern states.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lol
Hi there

My boys (aged 16) were mugged at the Ocean Reef basketball courts at the weekend, the guys were driving a 4 x 4 white car and they had baseball bats and iron bars...... I cant believe it !!!! Whats happening.... I also have found out they did it to another kid, they must of done it to alot more. Its so scary. Joondalup area is defo changing, my boy has also been chased through ocean reef when he was on his bike by some men who wanted his bike... I know its sounds unbelievable but it happened, my two boys had their bikes pinched at mcdonalds, some men (who were tradies) held the door shut so they couldnt get out of macdonalds and the others took their bikes, the police were called by macdonalds. my children wont go to:-

Whitfords on a thursday late night, if they do go they will stay in the centre, they will not catch the bus home because alot of youths hang out looking for a fight.

McDonalds at currambine on a friday night, they have now put security on the doors.

They will go the grand cinemas on a friday night but come straight home because these gangs hang around outside. Just looking for fights.

Joondalup train station is a no go aswell, they know children from school who have been mugged there. These gangs hang out at the train station so they have got security there aswell.

I love Australia and my life here and my children are not wimps but its called been wise and staying away from trouble. The high school has changed my older boy is in Year 11 and my youngest year 8 but the older one says its getting worse, even the teachers have commented it. My older son said he was ashamed to be english the other day because most of (not all) the gangs are english. This weekend has left me with lots to think about, to be totally honest I didnt come to Australia so my kids cant go places or not feel safe, I know life is not perfect anywhere but as parents we have to make the best decisions to keep our children safe....

As i have been typing this It just makes my tummy turn ...its sounds so horrible and I know we dont like to hear it but its happening. I am left feeling confused/shocked/trouble..... thanks lots.
This savage crime is everywhere. I read about similar in Canada the other day when some psychotics beat a moose to death with sticks. Also some kids in England stamped a fawn to death - a fawn FFS - nature's cutest animal. The fact is the West is just falling apart. They could stop these things from being so frequent overnight but the political will simply isn't there.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 4:44 am
lol
Forum Regular

lol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant futurelol has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dave99
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences, did the police get involved at all? especially with the incident at the mcdonalds, there would have been lots of staff witnesses as well as maybe cctv. I would have gone and spoken to the store manager afterwards as well as called the police.
The same for the incident with the guys in the car, what did the police say to that?
If they are doing it in similier areas then it shouldnt be to hard for the police to find them...
Yes the police were involved at macdonalds and we did get the bikes back, one of the staff there recognised one of the guys , I have to say the police were on the ball and fantastic.... with the mugging, I believe the police have had a few people report to them over the weekend. They have now got their vehicle reg no so hopefully they will sort it out..