Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids meds @ handsworth any info plse

Kids meds @ handsworth any info plse

Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:48 am
Loving the lifestyle !

paula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant futurepaula&lee has a brilliant future
Default Kids meds @ handsworth any info plse

g'day to all

I may b worrying 4 nothing but has any one had kids meds done at handsworth recently, mine are 8,5,3 just want to know what's involved, do they ask loads of background info or is it just quick once over. 3 yr old gets ear infections but clear up wuth antibotics and 5 yr old had operation when was 3 and only needs 2-3 yr check ups should i b worried or not?

please put my mind to rest
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:31 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids meds @ handsworth any info plse

Kids meds are easy, nothing to worry about. Never been handsworth practice.

Just tell your kids they have to wee in a bottle. It made mine laugh and made the experience painless. In fact it was fun and different to what we normally do as a family. Take them to lunch after and make a day out of it...

Don't worry your expectations are unfounded
Old Jan 24th 2007, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree with Brisben, the kids meds are a piece of cake, mines also thought it was great taking wee with us in a container, also dont forget to take a list of their immunisations, which you should be able to easily get from your gp
Old Jan 24th 2007, 10:11 am
nearly there

barry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nicebarry f is just really nice

Originally Posted by paula&leedevine
g'day to all

I may b worrying 4 nothing but has any one had kids meds done at handsworth recently, mine are 8,5,3 just want to know what's involved, do they ask loads of background info or is it just quick once over. 3 yr old gets ear infections but clear up wuth antibotics and 5 yr old had operation when was 3 and only needs 2-3 yr check ups should i b worried or not?

please put my mind to rest
Hi, we don't have children but did have our meds at handworth. i don't think you have a thing to worry about honestly. the doctors are really friendly and really help you feel at ease. i think it's only natural to worry as when you get this far you think your whole world would cave in if you failed your meds. I had to get some additional information after my med though as i was a little unsure about what a had actualy done to my knee when had it operated on a few years back. getting photo copies of my notes from the doctor soon sorted this out though.

all the very best of luck
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:32 pm
CANBERRA !!!

jajnlis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by barry f
Hi, we don't have children but did have our meds at handworth. i don't think you have a thing to worry about honestly. the doctors are really friendly and really help you feel at ease. i think it's only natural to worry as when you get this far you think your whole world would cave in if you failed your meds. I had to get some additional information after my med though as i was a little unsure about what a had actualy done to my knee when had it operated on a few years back. getting photo copies of my notes from the doctor soon sorted this out though.

all the very best of luck
Hi we had our meds done at Handsworth on the 6th Jan with our 9 year old and 6 year old. The staff were lovely and made us feel at ease. When we went in to see the doctor we all went in together, and he only looked in their ears and listened to their chest and felt their tummies which had them in fits of giggles as it tickled so much. Most of the paper work is done by you before hand, and if there is anything on the forms they just asked a couple of questions about it and that was it, nothing to worry about. Thankfully we were one of the first that morning so there wasnt too much of a wait either.
Good luck with it, it will be fine i'm sure

Lisa
Old Jan 24th 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Had ours done in Dec - 9 yr old 16 yr old - No problems, very friendly staff and doctors
Old Jan 24th 2007, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

We also went to Handsworth, but we were there over 3 hours it was before xmas and they were VERY busy!!!!!!! NOTHING to worry about as others have said. As the 'wee' bit, it's done in a polystyrene cup, so easy for the kids, then you put a lid on!!!!! Oh remember to write your name on FIRST!!!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by curly
We also went to Handsworth, but we were there over 3 hours it was before xmas and they were VERY busy!!!!!!! NOTHING to worry about as others have said. As the 'wee' bit, it's done in a polystyrene cup, so easy for the kids, then you put a lid on!!!!! Oh remember to write your name on FIRST!!!
Ahh yeah the wee bit - my 9 yr old thought I was joking - Er nope - she found it fascinating and as she went in last of the 4 of us she then came out and declared that the eldest had 'wee'd' tea!