kids medicals

Old Sep 7th 2005, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

task is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nicetask is just really nice
Default kids medicals

Hi does anyone have any info on kids medicals,do they require x-rays
we have 1 boy 13yrs and 1 girl 10yrs cheers.
TASK.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Latona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud ofLatona has much to be proud of
Default Re: kids medicals

hi
a friend of mine has just had her medicals and her daughter age(9) didnt have x rays , but son age(12)did.
hope this helps

Denise Peter and family
Old Sep 7th 2005, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by task
TASK.
Hi,
We had medicals on Monday. We being myself, hubbie and three sons 10, 8 & 4 years. Myself and hubbie had to have x-rays and blood tests. Apparently children under the age of 11 do not need x-rays. When we actually had medicals done the eldest two had to do a specimen of urine, then they were required to strip to under pants (all 3 of them), they were weighed, height measured the doctor listened to heart, chest lungs, tapped them on the back. He then felt there stomachs. He also did some bending of their knee joints. Had a look in their ears, and asked them to do eye sight test.
Really easy, though boys being boys spent the whole time giggling and cringing.
Good Luck
Sharon
Old Sep 7th 2005, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Sonia is an unknown quantity at this point

TASK.
Hello,
Any child over the age of 12 will need medicals including xrays.
Sonia
Old Sep 7th 2005, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

peterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant futurepeterinblack has a brilliant future

Hi
all kids aged 11 plus need xrays not sure if its 11 at time of meds
or 11 at time of visa issue
Old Sep 7th 2005, 11:51 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

TASK.
My two sons had to do COUGH and DROP, the gigglin soon STOPPED i can tell ya !!
Old Sep 7th 2005, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pioneer
Hi,
We had medicals on Monday. We being myself, hubbie and three sons 10, 8 & 4 years. Myself and hubbie had to have x-rays and blood tests. Apparently children under the age of 11 do not need x-rays. When we actually had medicals done the eldest two had to do a specimen of urine, then they were required to strip to under pants (all 3 of them), they were weighed, height measured the doctor listened to heart, chest lungs, tapped them on the back. He then felt there stomachs. He also did some bending of their knee joints. Had a look in their ears, and asked them to do eye sight test.
Really easy, though boys being boys spent the whole time giggling and cringing.
Good Luck
Sharon
Oh no ! My eldest daughter (9) won't undress in front of anyone, it'll be a nightmare getting her to undress
Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ohippy
Oh no ! My eldest daughter (9) won't undress in front of anyone, it'll be a nightmare getting her to undress
Hi

My daughter and I went in to see the doctor together, she didnt have to undress, lifted her top to check tummy, listened to her heart, down the throat, in the ears, eyesight test, then we popped in the loo to get a urine sample. My daughter is 7 there is no way she would have undressed either. Don't worry, honestly I was dreading it, but it was fine.

Take care

B
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

It seems so wierd that the medicals all seem to be different depending where you go and some more comprehensive than others - are there any docs who do the medicals over the phone ?
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:41 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by peterinblack
Hi
all kids aged 11 plus need xrays not sure if its 11 at time of meds
or 11 at time of visa issue

Yep...all kids 11 and over need xrays...only takes 2 mins. but costs £55.00..
Easy money....

CORKER
Old Sep 7th 2005, 8:43 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ohippy
It seems so wierd that the medicals all seem to be different depending where you go and some more comprehensive than others - are there any docs who do the medicals over the phone ?

Yes....I'm sure that someone on here got the doctor to do the medicals via email... Cost a bit more though..

CORKER