Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

kids and jet lag

kids and jet lag

Old Oct 30th 2003, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kids and jet lag

has anyone got any tips on helping the kids get over jet lag.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Depends really upon how old they are. we went to Oz this summer and our children ( aged 5 and 2 at the time ), slept almost the whole of the journey!! YIPPEE!!!

We arrived at Sydney at 06:30 and so they then stayed awake for the whole day and slept really well that night.

Think maybe you ought to be thinking of ways to combat your own jetlag, when you've got kids to handle!!!!

I personally was knackered as I had both children either side of me on one of those three-by-the-window-seats, and I put the armrests up and let them sprawl all over me so that they were comfy and could sleep. managed to stay awake for the whole of the 2 flights and brief stop in Bangkok. 24 hrs with no sleep-not good. my body clock went completely to pot - coulden't sleep at the right times for a few days.

Good luck!
Old Oct 30th 2003, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: kids and jet lag

Originally posted by stefian

Hi Stefian,
Wished we had asked this question before coming over, it took us five days to get their sleep patterns any where near theirold routine, good luck.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 12:15 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice
Default Re: kids and jet lag

Originally posted by stefian
Valium

only joking before i get slated...kids dont really know when to sleep and will stay awake for as long as they can even if that means putting matchsticks under their eyes just incase they miss something like a cloud float pass the window or another hairyplane going past...depends on how old they are really, im taking my 4 tear old in 3 weeks and im looking forward to it really she is normally quite good, if you hear on the news that a woman bailed out of a ba jet at 34,000 feet with a bald head you know that was me...cos she has driven me potty
good luck anyway