Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids Immunisation report for school enrollment - is it necessary?

Kids Immunisation report for school enrollment - is it necessary?

Old Jul 16th 2013, 8:20 am
Just Joined

justgautam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kids Immunisation report for school enrollment - is it necessary?

Hi All,

I'm a newbie and recently got 189 PR.
moving to Melb/Sydney at the end of year and need your help in sorting out my dilemma. I've a 6 yr old daughter and would need to enroll her in some school but i heard that they might ask for Immunisation report. I'm from India and i dont have such report or card with me although all the vaccination is done earlier.

can someone guide is it necessary or must for enrolling kid in school? if yes then how i can get it and what are the options of i dont managed to get it.

appreciate your time and efforts in advance,

Gautam
Old Jul 16th 2013, 8:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids Immunisation report for school enrollment - is it necessary?

Originally Posted by justgautam
Hi All,

moving to Melb/Sydney at the end of year and need your help in sorting out my dilemma. I've a 6 yr old daughter and would need to enroll her in some school but i heard that they might ask for Immunisation report. I'm from India and i dont have such report or card with me although all the vaccination is done earlier.

can someone guide is it necessary or must for enrolling kid in school? if yes then how i can get it and what are the options of i dont managed to get it.

Gautam
Hi Gautam,

I've moved your post to the main forum as it's not really an immigration / visa issue. Sorry can't help with your question, but hopefully someone will be along soon
Old Jul 16th 2013, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Yes, you do. At her age she will also go on the records system. Somehow you need to get records of what she has had, then take them to a GP here to be written up, they will then send them to Medicare.
Old Jul 16th 2013, 9:13 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justgautam
Hi All,

Gautam
In short, yes your daughter will need a full vaccination record. The only exception to this is if there were some medical reason she could not have vaccines, but that would have to be confirmed by a doctor. If you fail to provide a vaccination record, you may lose any entitlements to child care benefit/rebate and you will struggle to find any OSHC or childcare.

I would suggest speaking to a GP who will advise you on the required vaccinations. It is possible your child may need to do a catch up programme. It is free to under 10s

This link will show you how to register on the Childhood Immunisation Register Immunisation Register
Old Jul 16th 2013, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

justgautam is an unknown quantity at this point

thx all
Old Jul 17th 2013, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

My youngest daughter does not have all her immunisations. I handed in a photocopy of the ones she had and nothing further was said at either OOHSC or kindy. As for medicare, there is a conscientious objector form that I got my GP to sign - this allows you to receive all payments.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

My daughter had some vaccinations in UK- got a GP letter from UK, went to my GP here who completed the Medicare vaccination form and our vaccination record is now held centrally.