British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Kids Immunisation report for school enrollment - is it necessary? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/kids-immunisation-report-school-enrollment-necessary-803031/)

justgautam Jul 16th 2013 8:20 am

Kids Immunisation report for school enrollment - is it necessary?

Hi All,

I'm a newbie and recently got 189 PR.
moving to Melb/Sydney at the end of year and need your help in sorting out my dilemma. I've a 6 yr old daughter and would need to enroll her in some school but i heard that they might ask for Immunisation report. I'm from India and i dont have such report or card with me although all the vaccination is done earlier.

can someone guide is it necessary or must for enrolling kid in school? if yes then how i can get it and what are the options of i dont managed to get it.

appreciate your time and efforts in advance,

Gautam

old.sparkles Jul 16th 2013 8:32 am

Re: Kids Immunisation report for school enrollment - is it necessary?

Originally Posted by justgautam (Post 10802328)
Hi All,

moving to Melb/Sydney at the end of year and need your help in sorting out my dilemma. I've a 6 yr old daughter and would need to enroll her in some school but i heard that they might ask for Immunisation report. I'm from India and i dont have such report or card with me although all the vaccination is done earlier.

can someone guide is it necessary or must for enrolling kid in school? if yes then how i can get it and what are the options of i dont managed to get it.

Gautam

Hi Gautam,

I've moved your post to the main forum as it's not really an immigration / visa issue. Sorry can't help with your question, but hopefully someone will be along soon :)

Mummy3 Jul 16th 2013 9:09 am

Yes, you do. At her age she will also go on the records system. Somehow you need to get records of what she has had, then take them to a GP here to be written up, they will then send them to Medicare.

rasen78 Jul 16th 2013 9:13 am

Originally Posted by justgautam (Post 10802328)
Hi All,

Gautam

In short, yes your daughter will need a full vaccination record. The only exception to this is if there were some medical reason she could not have vaccines, but that would have to be confirmed by a doctor. If you fail to provide a vaccination record, you may lose any entitlements to child care benefit/rebate and you will struggle to find any OSHC or childcare.

I would suggest speaking to a GP who will advise you on the required vaccinations. It is possible your child may need to do a catch up programme. It is free to under 10s

This link will show you how to register on the Childhood Immunisation Register Immunisation Register

justgautam Jul 16th 2013 12:29 pm

thx all

galba Jul 17th 2013 4:44 pm

My youngest daughter does not have all her immunisations. I handed in a photocopy of the ones she had and nothing further was said at either OOHSC or kindy. As for medicare, there is a conscientious objector form that I got my GP to sign - this allows you to receive all payments.

Pomster Jul 20th 2013 12:11 am

My daughter had some vaccinations in UK- got a GP letter from UK, went to my GP here who completed the Medicare vaccination form and our vaccination record is now held centrally.