kids gcse's

Old Oct 27th 2002, 9:15 am
Just Joined

keithc is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up kids gcse's

After nearly two long years of waiting (20 months to be exact)we have finally got out PR visa.
The problem is! my son who is now 16 is doing his gcse's.The ? does anyone know If it is possible for him to continue his exams in Australia as he is due to take them in May 2003.
we are ready to emigrate In November!!!!!!! 2002,with the house sold etc.
Many thanks
Keith.c
Old Oct 27th 2002, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

sylvie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your info. re: final and most awaited stage. As regards to your son -
> we were in Australia in September 01 and we checked as regards to schools etc. What I do know is that school leaving age is 18 years of age, in Melbourne. Where are you headed?
> Congratulations for your PR visa. Best of luck to you and your family.

If I can be of any help pls. let me know.

Sylvie.
Old Oct 27th 2002, 10:02 am
Just Joined

keithc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sylvie
Hi Keith,

Thanks for your info. re: final and most awaited stage. As regards to your son -
> we were in Australia in September 01 and we checked as regards to schools etc. What I do know is that school leaving age is 18 years of age, in Melbourne. Where are you headed?
> Congratulations for your PR visa. Best of luck to you and your family.

If I can be of any help pls. let me know.

Sylvie.
we are heading for brisbane,I have family in Perth,but just fancy Queensland.
I don't know about you Sylvie,but the waiting drove me mad,I hope you don't have to much longer to wait,cheers for your reply,Keith
Old Oct 27th 2002, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If I were you I would wait for your son to complete his GCse's. They should be finished by the end of May.
You could then get them sent out to you and use them to get him into a good school for him to complete his studies .
The system out there is very different - you could take a risk and hope that some of the syllabus is the same, but you may find that for some subjects the content studied is not comparable. This would leave your son at a disadvantage.
They have High school certificates which they grade to get into Uni and each states will be slightly different, most children take them at 18.

It must be a difficult decision after you have waited so long.

I know I would wait - but I am a teacher so I am bound to say that !!
Best of luck

Tina
Old Oct 28th 2002, 12:16 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Finish them in the UK, totally different schooling here, by that level. He would be at a real disadvantage. In Grade 12 the marks have been assessed all through the year, with lots of pre tests to show them what they need to understand format wise. A lot of the years work counts too.