Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids' football, or is it soccer ?

Kids' football, or is it soccer ?

Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all
Default Kids' football, or is it soccer ?

I have two boys aged six and nine, and they love playing football/soccer, they play for a youth league team here in U.K. Are there similar facilities in Aussie or is it all Aussie rules football ? I'd really appreciate it, if someone could throw light on it for me..................paz............ ps....... Is there any amateur boxing gyms in prefably the eastern side of Aussie?...........CHEERS
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:57 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Kids' football, or is it soccer ?

Originally Posted by pazza
I have two boys aged six and nine, and they love playing football/soccer, they play for a youth league team here in U.K. Are there similar facilities in Aussie or is it all Aussie rules football ? I'd really appreciate it, if someone could throw light on it for me..................paz............ ps....... Is there any amateur boxing gyms in prefably the eastern side of Aussie?...........CHEERS

there are soccer teams pretty much everywhere, even in my small town there are at least 8 kids teams.

It is a lot bigger than I expected, so dont worry too much. Although I don't know how big it is in schools

Cheers
Kala
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

STOP calling it SOCCER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its called FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JayDeee
there are soccer teams pretty much everywhere, even in my small town there are at least 8 kids teams.

It is a lot bigger than I expected, so dont worry too much. Although I don't know how big it is in schools

Cheers
Kala
hI Kala, My boys wouldn't be able to settle without their footy !!!!!!! :scared: Thanks for that..........
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:14 pm
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by Sharpy67
I call it soccer as there are MORE codes of FOOTBALL!!!

League is the best code.

Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Alright Sharpy, I've been brought up to call the beautiful game ( FOOTBALL !!, ). The reason i said soccer (i also hate the term) ,was that i thought people would think i was talking about Aussie Rules football. But no offence took mate.....
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lathlain
I call it soccer as there are MORE codes of FOOTBALL!!!

League is the best code.
EXACTLY !!!...........................THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:36 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

If you dont call it Soccer over here you end up spending 10 mins trying to figure out what everyone is talking about so it is easier.

The same with Chips/Crisps, sweets/lollies text/sms messages etc etc

We're in Oz now so should really be speaking there language

Kala
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

I have spent an hour tonight arguing with a local queenslander the terminology of the word FOOTBALL.

He agrees that Aussie rules football shouldn't be just called FOOTBALL, because he argues that the true football is RUGBY LEAGUE.......ARGHHHHHHH!

Heathens.....all of them!!!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

I have spent an hour tonight arguing with a local queenslander the terminology of the word FOOTBALL.

He agrees that Aussie rules football shouldn't be just called FOOTBALL, because he argues that the true football is RUGBY LEAGUE.......ARGHHHHHHH!

Heathens.....all of them!!!!!!
???????????????...........................He's had a few
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:51 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

He's had a few
Or needs a few.

Sharpy....worked out where you're going yet mate ?
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bix
Or needs a few.

Sharpy....worked out where you're going yet mate ?

No!

Still a baysider!

Who knows what the future will bring!

Let's just say that I'm really happy here (except for the lack of a surf beach), but if I have to move to Toowoomba or Nelson bay, then it won't be the end of the world!!!!!

I can think of worst places to be!!!!!

Hope to know in the next few months

Nick
Old Mar 14th 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

FITCHETT FAMILY will become famous soon enough

No!

Still a baysider!

Who knows what the future will bring!

Let's just say that I'm really happy here (except for the lack of a surf beach), but if I have to move to Toowoomba or Nelson bay, then it won't be the end of the world!!!!!

I can think of worst places to be!!!!!

Hope to know in the next few months

Nick
There should`nt be any arguements at all.......
It`s FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

With regards to the football/soccer - I'm just amazed at how many clubs there are, just in our area. Even the 4 yr olds have training once a week and a short match each Saturday. I think there are a thousand members at the club our son plays at. It's a really popular sport for both boys and girls.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chocaholic
With regards to the football/soccer - I'm just amazed at how many clubs there are, just in our area. Even the 4 yr olds have training once a week and a short match each Saturday. I think there are a thousand members at the club our son plays at. It's a really popular sport for both boys and girls.
Thanks a lot for that chocaholic, My boys' be over the moon they'll not miss out. Have you any knowledge of amateur boxing clubs in Aussie, i've asked the question a few times, but no ones answering it......................please someone tell me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.