Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

kids football in aus?

kids football in aus?

Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:00 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default kids football in aus?

hi

my son is 5 and we are moving over to Brisbane in October and at this time he has been asked to train with Manchester utd and Wigan latics .The coach from Wigan said we should get him into it over in aus as he is a very good player but is football a big thing over there or is all for rugby ?

we are moving to north lakes area and if anyone knows of any football teams around there i would be grateful for a number or e-mail

never know i might have the next beckham on my hands (would love the money )

lisax
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:47 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kids football in aus?

Originally Posted by frogboy
hi

my son is 5 and we are moving over to Brisbane in October and at this time he has been asked to train with Manchester utd and Wigan latics .The coach from Wigan said we should get him into it over in aus as he is a very good player but is football a big thing over there or is all for rugby ?

we are moving to north lakes area and if anyone knows of any football teams around there i would be grateful for a number or e-mail

lisax
Contact www.footballqueensland.com.au
Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:01 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Bloke
All the best .But remember we are coming over to Brisbane soon .And my littlun is the new Stanley Bowles.See you on the touchlines
Seirously .Hope you find a good club for your boy.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:20 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

hi

lisax

Cant comment on Brisbane - we're in NSW and kids soccer is certainly big here. To be honest you can pretty much get your kids into any sport you like over here. We've been here 4 1/2 months and my 6 year old daughter is doing Gymnastics, Dance, Tennis & Swmming! For those interested the costs of these are:-

Gymnastics - $9.90 per hour
Dance - $7.50 per hour
Tennis - £7 for half hour
Swimming - $10.50 for half hour

My friends little boy is 7 and arrived the same time as us. Hes well into the soccer already. Practices on Friday evenings and plays Saturday mornings - last match today though I think for the season.

HTH
Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:21 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
All the best .But remember we are coming over to Brisbane soon .And my littlun is the new Stanley Bowles.See you on the touchlines

?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:44 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

?
LOL Stanley Bowles was the King of Loftus Road in the 70's ( Q.P.R).He even got a cap or two for England .
Old Aug 12th 2006, 12:07 am

Still . Were you answering my post or that of the OP?
Old Aug 12th 2006, 12:59 am
Where's the factor 30.

Still . Were you answering my post or that of the OP?
oops I was answering the OP .Still getting used to this "reply" stuff ..Got to remember the "new reply" thingy ..Or the quote one .. Silly me
Old Aug 12th 2006, 1:12 am

oops I was answering the OP .Still getting used to this "reply" stuff ..Got to remember the "new reply" thingy ..Or the quote one .. Silly me
No probs, just takes a while to get used to it.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Stanley Bowles was the King of Loftus Road in the 70's ( Q.P.R).He even got a cap or two for England .
I remember Stan Bowles - he was my hero
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

hi

lisax
Children's soccer is big in Brisbane and has been for a while.

Try this site for club details. http://www.bndsoccer.com.au/

The good news is that you will discover a lot of suburbs, playing matches, that you have never been to before.

WW
Old Aug 12th 2006, 11:48 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

hi

lisax
I remember starting at 6 and it was already very competitive