Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids events and activities in Perth

Kids events and activities in Perth

Old Jul 8th 2006, 2:19 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kids events and activities in Perth

Hi all,

I've started a new blog, it's sort of a sister site for my original blog, Enjoy Perth (see signature).

This one is called Kids Enjoy Perth(how original!).
http://kids.enjoyperth.net/

I realised with the school holidays coming up that there were so many activities and events everywhere, that they couldn't all go on the original site.

So yeah, check it out if you want ideas of what to do in the holidays, like things happening in the city, the circusses that are in town, or the activities and shows that are on at shopping centres. I've got a special category called 'Free', which will bring you straight to all the posts that lists activities that are free.

And on the right I've got some links to other kids sites that could be useful(even if you're not in Perth). Minti is a type of forum for parents, Kiddley is a great blog of a very creative person in Melbourne who posts about things like craft activities you can do at home, Triple S is a group in Perth who organise science fairs, and post science news for kids on their site daily, and The Parent's paper is a great free monthly newspaper for parents in Perth.

Oh, and I also post about things like the Wiggles coming to Perth.

Hope you like it, let me know what you think!
Old Jul 8th 2006, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

sunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant future
Default Re: Kids events and activities in Perth

Excellent site, manythanks for posting it.
Love the sound of Circus Ringbarkus, guess where I'll be next weekend?
Old Jul 8th 2006, 2:29 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnyskies
Excellent site, manythanks for posting it.
Love the sound of Circus Ringbarkus, guess where I'll be next weekend?
Thanks!

Yeah, cool huh?!!!
The one thing I want to go to aswell, but so typical, won't be able to make any of them, because we're going down south next weekend, and apart from that work mon-fri, 9-5!

I've signed up for their newsletter though, so will be keeping an eye out for more dates in the future!!

By the way, on a post wayyyy further down I mention Circus Joseph Ashton, they're in Maddington(which is very near us) until the 30th. More a traditional circus though, and a bit bigger, so a bit more expensive.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

sunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant futuresunnyskies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Simone
Thanks!

Yeah, cool huh?!!!
The one thing I want to go to aswell, but so typical, won't be able to make any of them, because we're going down south next weekend, and apart from that work mon-fri, 9-5!

I've signed up for their newsletter though, so will be keeping an eye out for more dates in the future!!

By the way, on a post wayyyy further down I mention Circus Joseph Ashton, they're in Maddington(which is very near us) until the 30th. More a traditional circus though, and a bit bigger, so a bit more expensive.

Where is Maddington, I can't find it on my map? still trying to get my bearings!
Old Jul 8th 2006, 2:38 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by sunnyskies
Where is Maddington, I can't find it on my map? still trying to get my bearings!
Ha ha, it's right over in the south east, just before Gosnells.
You don't want to know about it usually, one of the dodgier suburbs
(and I can say that, cos we live in the suburb next to it, and I work there!)

The circus tent in on a field next to Maddington Metro, which is very close to Albany Highway.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ha ha, it's right over in the south east, just before Gosnells.
You don't want to know about it usually, one of the dodgier suburbs
(and I can say that, cos we live in the suburb next to it, and I work there!)

The circus tent in on a field next to Maddington Metro, which is very close to Albany Highway.
Thanks for that, I know the Albany Highway.
For some reason when I'd seen the circus advertised I thought it was way up North and dismissed it. We're over in Nedlands so it's not too far, I might drag the kids over to see it. Good excuse to shop at Carousel anyway!
Old Jul 8th 2006, 10:21 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant site Simone, well done!
Old Jul 8th 2006, 11:50 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Great post! Must have taken you ages but we'll certainly subscribe! Thank you!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 2:56 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Thanks guys!

Um yeah, it does take quite a bit of time finding all the info, but it's fun too!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Simone]Hi all,

I've started a new blog, it's sort of a sister site for my original blog, Enjoy Perth (see signature).

Hi
Fantastic site, loads of info, if you dont have children what made you think of doing it???

K
Old Jul 9th 2006, 3:33 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by kimi
Hi all,

Hi
Fantastic site, loads of info, if you dont have children what made you think of doing it???

K
Well, I had the other one. And then with the school holidays coming up, I saw sooo much stuff I could write about, so I thought it wouldn't be that much more trouble starting up a second site.
Argh, I'm just crazy! Nah, I think it won't be more work having this second one, as now everything has it's place.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

aussie bloke is on a distinguished road

here's another great site for info on kids,, has a link for all the states

i.e. melbournes child etc

http://www.perthschild.com/
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:12 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by aussie bloke
here's another great site for info on kids,, has a link for all the states

i.e. melbournes child etc

http://www.perthschild.com/
Cool, thanks!
Don't know why that didn't show up in google?!!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:46 am
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all

thanks for the links you guys, have bookmarked them both. We are coming over on a PR in 9 weeks (71days) not that im counting, we have two small ones so those sites are very helpful.

karma to ya both

Paula