Kids education

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 12:29 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Question Kids education

Need to make some decisions pretty urgently and am getting totally bogged down with internet searches.
When I find something useful the next thing tends to contradict.

Can anyone put me on the right track for solid info on the following please?

University
17 year old is completing a Diploma in IT equivalent to three A levels. Considering going uni in OZ.

College
15 year old would go college for 2 years in UK but what happens in OZ ?

We are Victoria bound and could be on a 4 year 457 temp visa which will have quite an effect on fees I understand.

I am trying to get some idea of what it might cost us.

Many thanks.
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 12:42 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids education

Originally posted by Bix
Need to make some decisions pretty urgently and am getting totally bogged down with internet searches.

University
17 year old is completing a Diploma in IT equivalent to three A levels. Considering going uni in OZ.

College

We are Victoria bound and could be on a 4 year 457 temp visa which will have quite an effect on fees I understand.

Many thanks.
oi bix why not send megs a beggin pm i`m sure he`d help
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 12:46 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by wengerboy
oi bix why not send megs a beggin pm i`m sure he`d help
I'm hoping he comes in with some info for me !

I have found loads on the net but can't see the wood thru the trees

Cheers wb
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 12:55 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
I'm hoping he comes in with some info for me !

I have found loads on the net but can't see the wood thru the trees

Cheers wb
no bother!nice tits
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 10:09 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Bix

University

College

Many thanks.
Bix
Have you looked at:
http://www.sofweb.vic.edu.au/standards/census/faq1.htm

extracts quoted:
In general, only Australian residents or persons with resident status can enrol in government schools.

The following categories of students have Australian resident status:

Australian born residents

holders of resident visas in one of the following visa subclasses: 100-106; 110; 120-121; 124-131; 150-152; 154, 155; 157; 159; 200-205; 208-217; 800-802; 804-806; 808; 814; 820; 826; 831-834; 840-845; 850, 866

holders of a New Zealand passport

holders of a temporary resident visa in one of the following visa subclasses: 302-303; 309-310; 411-416; 418-423; 426-428; 430; 442, 445-446; 450, 457 ; 995; Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) (these should be entered on CASES as 999).

Students on visa subclass numbers not listed above may be required to pay fees prior to enrolling in a government school.

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 10:12 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Bix
Have you looked at:
http://www.sofweb.vic.edu.au/standards/census/faq1.htm

extracts quoted:
In general, only Australian residents or persons with resident status can enrol in government schools.

The following categories of students have Australian resident status:

Australian born residents

holders of resident visas in one of the following visa subclasses: 100-106; 110; 120-121; 124-131; 150-152; 154, 155; 157; 159; 200-205; 208-217; 800-802; 804-806; 808; 814; 820; 826; 831-834; 840-845; 850, 866

holders of a New Zealand passport

holders of a temporary resident visa in one of the following visa subclasses: 302-303; 309-310; 411-416; 418-423; 426-428; 430; 442, 445-446; 450, 457 ; 995; Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) (these should be entered on CASES as 999).

Students on visa subclass numbers not listed above may be required to pay fees prior to enrolling in a government school.
nice one abc you`ve made his day
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 10:15 pm
ABCDiamond

nice one abc you`ve made his day

I like to help when I can, and I came across that link a few days ago, for someone else.

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 10:50 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

I like to help when I can, and I came across that link a few days ago, for someone else.
boing
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 10:57 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

ABC,
That's exactly what I have been trying to find and it's good news.
Victoria don't charge international student fees for temp visa holders.
Just got to get my head around uni fees now for the eldest son.

Thanks a lot ABC - and thanks WB for bonking
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 11:00 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by Bix
ABC,
That's exactly what I have been trying to find and it's good news.
Victoria don't charge international student fees for temp visa holders.
Just got to get my head around uni fees now for the eldest son.

Thanks a lot ABC - and thanks WB for bonking
and the e mail and pm pasty boy
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 11:02 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

and the e mail and pm pasty boy
Oops, sorry mate.
Have been tied up most of the day preparing reply to visa agent.
Just seen your email and pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 11:06 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally posted by Bix
Oops, sorry mate.
Have been tied up most of the day preparing reply to visa agent.
Just seen your email and pm.
quits