Reload this Page >

Kids in cabs - Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore

Kids in cabs - Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore

Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Andysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kids in cabs - Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore

Hi All,

We are off for our validation trip at the weekend. We have had a sudden thought - how do we get our 2 year old transported from airport to hotel? Do some cabs carry car seats, and if so, how do you get a cab that does?

Any guidance would be really grateful as I am sure that travelling in a taxi without proper restraints is a beheadable offence in Singapore! How does it work in Oz?

Thanks in anticipation

Andy
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:28 pm
Visa Granted-MT Eliza 06

gladiatorjw will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Kids in cabs - Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore

Amndy, we are validating and leaving on Tuesday 22nd. We will be mainly in Melbourne area, also checking out Dandedong, geelong etc. It will be nice to share some info. Good luck for your trip.

Originally Posted by Andysue
Hi All,

We are off for our validation trip at the weekend. We have had a sudden thought - how do we get our 2 year old transported from airport to hotel? Do some cabs carry car seats, and if so, how do you get a cab that does?

Any guidance would be really grateful as I am sure that travelling in a taxi without proper restraints is a beheadable offence in Singapore! How does it work in Oz?

Thanks in anticipation

Andy
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:29 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gladiatorjw
Amndy, we are validating and leaving on Tuesday 22nd. We will be mainly in Melbourne area, also checking out Dandedong, geelong etc. It will be nice to share some info. Good luck for your trip.

Yikes, checking out Dandenong !!!

Your brave.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:37 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Thanks in anticipation

Andy

Some Melbourne cabs will have car seats. I wouldn't worry about losing your head in singapore they're not nearly as strict
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:11 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

Thanks in anticipation

Andy
As others have said you can get a cab with car seat in Melbourne, but you have to ring up and order it. We couldn't get a car seat in Singapore, and they don't seem to care. I am a bit neurotic though and prefered to take the underground, which is spacious and luggage/buggy friendly. I believe there is a surcharge for travelling with luggage, but they did not apply it to us.

Have fun in Singapore, it is a great place to go with kids, particlarly Sentosa island.

Kirsty
Old Mar 18th 2005, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Andysue is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
As others have said you can get a cab with car seat in Melbourne, but you have to ring up and order it. We couldn't get a car seat in Singapore, and they don't seem to care. I am a bit neurotic though and prefered to take the underground, which is spacious and luggage/buggy friendly. I believe there is a surcharge for travelling with luggage, but they did not apply it to us.

Have fun in Singapore, it is a great place to go with kids, particlarly Sentosa island.

Kirsty
Thanks Kirsty

I hadn't thought about the underground

Andy