Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

kids amd australia?

kids amd australia?

Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:50 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default kids amd australia?

i am the same as a lot of people on here i am off to oz for what i believe is a better life for my kids!!

could any people that are there now ,tell me.............is it?

what does oz offer our children that the u.k does not?

does the u.k offer our kids anything that oz does not?

thanks

aston????

sorry thats supposed to say ...........and,gets me every time...perhaps if i had been brought up in oz i would be able to spell...

Last edited by aston man; Apr 13th 2007 at 5:53 am.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kids amd australia?

My 14 year old is like a different lad out here. He is out most of the time, instead of playing indoors on his PC. Mainly because in the UK he didn't have any mates, instead he had bullies who teased him about his excema. He was very withdrawn and extremely hard work.

Here he's still hard work but his confidence has grown 100 fold. He looks healthier and his excema has all but disappeared. He is happy at school and sets off at 7:30am so he can hang out with his friends before school. In the UK I was lucky if he got out of bed half hour before they started school. His school work had improved, and so has his behaviour there (he was always on detention back in the UK!).

My 7 year old daughter is the same. She adores school and her confidence has grown. Over there she wouldn't make friends at school, she was very quiet and I couldn't leave her side without her screaming. Here she's always wanting to be with her friends and if I hang about she screams She even enjoys show and tell, which in the UK we were lucky if she said hello to her teacher.

I can't explain it, but my two are far happier here than they have ever been before.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kids amd australia?

I wouldn't bank on your spelling improving if you had gone to school over here .
My lot are a lot happier here and our move has been the best thing that we could have done for them (and us for that matter). Part of it for us is that we are in the country so the kids here do tend to grow up at a different speed to the UK (or even in some of the cities here for that matter). Kids enjoy the slower pace of life and have more chance to stay kids for longer. The longer hours of sunshine here means that they can play outside more, although they also enjoy spending time in on the computer as before . The big difference for my lot is that they have all got loads of clubs to go to here whereas in the UK they tended to do nothing. They aren't very sporty but they enjoy cubs and drama and have all been involved in plays at the local theatre. The local drama group costs me the grand amount of $50 for the family for the year and that covers drama groups for the kids plus the plays that I do so finance isn't a problem. They have loads of friends and I can allow them so much more freedom here than I have ever been able to before because it is just so much safer here.
We have to worry about drugs and underage drinking but nothing that serious and there are problems with testosterone filled yobs having fights after the pubs kick out but it tends to be a bloke thing here (no sign of guns and knives as yet). Generally the youth are more respectful here generally and I am enjoying working in schools doing my teacher training.
Once we buy our own place we will hope to have a bit of land with a few chooks and allow the kids the freedom to enjoy their life here even more.
But remember as with anything, there are big differences even within Aus, personally I wouldn't want to be in a city (but I would LOVE to be closer to the coast) but it is horses for courses.
Nicky