kids !!!

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

susanf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kids !!!

we are heading out there in 3 weeks - with our 15yr old daughter who doesnt want to come.! anybody out there who has kids that age and how long did it take them to settle
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:22 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: kids !!!

Originally Posted by susanf
we are heading out there in 3 weeks - with our 15yr old daughter who doesnt want to come.! anybody out there who has kids that age and how long did it take them to settle
My Daughter is nearly 15.She didnt want to come and really missed her mates.She was crying into the web cam most nights which was heartbreaking.We've been here 4 months now and slowly ,very slowly she is coming round.She still misses her mates ,Nan and Grandad and other family but she has definately brightened up.Its a really dodgy age especially for girls and its going to take time I,m afraid.
Heres my favourite pic I've taken over here because it shows a very rare smile on her face in those early days
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...8&limit=recent

Good luck with your daughter
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

This may not be helpful, but a lot of 15 year olds are constantly upset by something. If you were not moving, she might be complaining that you live in the most boring place in the world. Others opt for vegetarianism, become emos, write poetry.... 15 year old girls' prerogative is to be miserable whenever they want! (I know, I used to be one!)
I am a firm believer that parents usually know what is the best thing for their children. I was shocked on WDU when a couple said that if their 10yr old didn't want to go then they wouldn't move. What?! Who is in charge of that family?!

I would bet that after some time she will make friends and settle down and be perfectly happy.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

susanf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
My Daughter is nearly 15.She didnt want to come and really missed her mates.She was crying into the web cam most nights which was heartbreaking.We've been here 4 months now and slowly ,very slowly she is coming round.She still misses her mates ,Nan and Grandad and other family but she has definately brightened up.Its a really dodgy age especially for girls and its going to take time I,m afraid.
Heres my favourite pic I've taken over here because it shows a very rare smile on her face in those early days
http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...8&limit=recent

Good luck with your daughter
Thankyou, ye the thought of her getting upset mkes me ill. we did come to Oz in feb last year it didnt worl out nad we brought her back.
shes such a bright and smiley girl like your daughter. my husband suggests leaving her here with grandma till she does her exams, but the thoughtof that again makes me ill.

how have you settled in. we are looking to settle in sippy downs
Old Feb 4th 2007, 7:11 am
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Thankyou, ye the thought of her getting upset mkes me ill. we did come to Oz in feb last year it didnt worl out nad we brought her back.
shes such a bright and smiley girl like your daughter. my husband suggests leaving her here with grandma till she does her exams, but the thoughtof that again makes me ill.

how have you settled in. we are looking to settle in sippy downs
Yeah what Esperanza said.My daughter used to say she would go back and live with Nan or with my Sister Inlaw.No way.She's staying with us untill she's 18 and thats it!.We used to have daily rows about the pros and cons of England versus Australia till my Mrs convinced me to calm down and ignore it (stressfull times) .I did had to bite my tounge a few times but it worked.I dont know if she got bored whith me not biting or what but now she seems to have settled a bit and the other night admitted to me she wouldnt be able to live without me ,her Mum or her Brother and Sister.
Answering your last question .Yeah we have settled .My other kids ( girl 9 and boy 5) have just dived in and the Mrs absolutely loves it.
My advice would be dont leave your daughter at home.She's still a kid and like you said it would cut you in two..