kids

Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

karen p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kids

hi

My eldest wants to know is there any good theme parks around the Gold Coast ?

And how long does it take to get to Cairns ( great barrier reef) as my hubby and daughters are thinking of going scuba diving there?

Thanks,

Karen
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:20 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kids

Originally posted by karen p
hi

And how long does it take to get to Cairns ( great barrier reef) as my hubby and daughters are thinking of going scuba diving there?

Thanks,

Karen
yes there are, dreamworld, movie world sea world

http://www.brisbane.visitorsbureau.c...tractions.html
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:22 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Karen,

we are but a stones throw from Burbage.

Its quite easy doing a search on the internet though. Goto the address bar at the top of your window and type "relevant search terms in"

such as , theme parks, brisbane

Trust me it works
Old Feb 1st 2004, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Timber u sarcastic git!I would imagine the lady wanted to know of any good ones from people's experiences not just was there any!!!!

LOL
Old Feb 1st 2004, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

hi

Thanks,

Karen
Hi Karen. From experience, I would recommend either Seaworld or Dreamworld. Seaworld has a lot more of the animal show type attractions,whereas Dreamworld is more geared up for the big rides. I would give movie world a miss though. Its got a couple of ok attractions, but the price they charge is extortionate for what is actually there. we did everything in 1/2 a day. Theres also wet n wild water park right next door to movie world as well, but haven't been there for a few years, so can't really comment on that.

Cairns is quite a way from the Gold Coast. its probably the best part of a 3-4 day drive to do it comfortably, or altnernatively I would imagine a couple of hours flight from Brisbane.

Hope this helps and have a good trip.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 1:16 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by sassie
Hi Karen. From experience, I would recommend either Seaworld or Dreamworld. Seaworld has a lot more of the animal show type attractions,whereas Dreamworld is more geared up for the big rides. I would give movie world a miss though. Its got a couple of ok attractions, but the price they charge is extortionate for what is actually there. we did everything in 1/2 a day. Theres also wet n wild water park right next door to movie world as well, but haven't been there for a few years, so can't really comment on that.

Cairns is quite a way from the Gold Coast. its probably the best part of a 3-4 day drive to do it comfortably, or altnernatively I would imagine a couple of hours flight from Brisbane.

Hope this helps and have a good trip.
We did Movie World with a 7 year old. She hasn't asked us to go back again!

I'd say once would be enough. I agree that it ISN'T good value for the money.

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

hi
We have now visited dreamworld, movie world and sea world with 3 children aged 11, 13 & 15.
None want to return to seaworld as (in their opinion)there wasnt enough to do. Lots of good shows and the polar bears were good looking at them through the underwater glass, but only a couple of rides.
Movie world didn't have enough or very exciting rides.
Dreamworld they enjoyed and would return to as there were more rides and someof the roller coasters were great!
All the above is their opinions, as for me - I just spend the whole time at all three just walking around like a donkey carrying all their bags and waiting for them as there is no way you would get me on any of the rides!!!
My sister has just returned from a trip to cairns (she flew from Brisbane to cairns, approx £100), and then hired a car and drove back. I would guess it would be 4 long days drive back however she took 2 weeks touring the coast on the way back. Realistically you only need to go th Airlee to see the barrier reef and that is only 2 comfortable days drive from Brisbane. Myself and the kids did the drive to Airlee last year and went out on the reef--thoughrily recommend it.
Hope all this helps
wendy
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 9:50 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

hi

Thanks,

Karen
It is a long drive from Gold coast to Cairns.I did it once from Brisbane and would not want to do it again.
It is mostly single carriageway and pretty boring in parts.
It is a 2 hour flight from Brisbane to Cairns.Prices have come down with Virgin Blue etc but still not cheap..
You do not have to go that far to get to the Barrier reef.Townsville is as good as anywhere.

G