Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kids 1st Birthdays in Oz!!!

Kids 1st Birthdays in Oz!!!

Old Jul 8th 2006, 4:21 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all
Default Kids 1st Birthdays in Oz!!!

We've been here since last August and both of the girls have had their 1st birthdays here now. Steph had hers in April and had a few friends round for a tea party with lots of games and dancing and they had a great time. Shannon's was yesterday and she had 4 friends round for a sleepover. They had a whale of a time and there was a lot of giggling and laughter. I went to bed at 11.15pm and they were still going, so needless to say a few bleary eyes this morning. It just goes to show that the kids just get on with things and having their friends around them is great to see when we look back at all the friends they left behind in the UK. Roll on this time next year and we'll be able to apply for citizenship hopefully if the rules don't change!!

Lorraine
Old Jul 8th 2006, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids 1st Birthdays in Oz!!!

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
We've been here since last August and both of the girls have had their 1st birthdays here now. Steph had hers in April and had a few friends round for a tea party with lots of games and dancing and they had a great time. Shannon's was yesterday and she had 4 friends round for a sleepover. They had a whale of a time and there was a lot of giggling and laughter. I went to bed at 11.15pm and they were still going, so needless to say a few bleary eyes this morning. It just goes to show that the kids just get on with things and having their friends around them is great to see when we look back at all the friends they left behind in the UK. Roll on this time next year and we'll be able to apply for citizenship hopefully if the rules don't change!!

Lorraine
glad you had a great time chuck and yeah kids are soooooooooo much better at it than us!

hope your head gets better

hugs geex
Old Jul 8th 2006, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

It sounds like they had great fun. I imagine it must be a relief for you to see them settling in so well.

It is my baby's first birthday next Wednesday. He is too young to understand though, but I am looking forward to it.

We are also hoping to get our citizenship's next year that is if we are exempted from the changes in the regulations.

All the best
Katie
Old Jul 8th 2006, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

It must be too early in the morning - when I read that through I thought you'd had a sleepover for 1yr olds! Madness!

But yes its a consideration of their first birthday away from all things familiar - the way we're going my youngest will be 4 just 3 weeks after landing so definately be quite a small do that time! By the time eldest turns 6 next May we should be able to do it properly - mind you he's aware that he'll no longer be a "summer party" as it'll be autumn instead! LOL! Amazing what they can work out!
Old Jul 8th 2006, 7:23 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Good to hear everything is going well Lorraine & Stew.

Catch up at this summers Ex Pats meet.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 8:19 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

Hi everyone

The house is back to normal (if you can ever have a normal house with kids ) and all the presents have been put away and found homes for. The hoover has done it's job (popcorn everywhere ) and the girls are ready for bed and it's only 6.15pm!!!!! Early nights for them both tonight as I think it was gone midnight when they all eventually went to sleep. Not for me though staying up to watch the ladies final at Wimbledon!!

Katie, hope the birthday goes well next week and enjoy it as they grow so fast. Before you know it, it will be birthday number two!!!

jothefw - just make sure you take some pressies on the plane with you as you'll be so busy when you get over here trying to organise everything and it will be one thing less to worry about!

Bordy - thanks and yes probably but does depend on if Stu is working.

Gina - head a lot better and ready to settle down for the night with a bacardi or two!!

Take care everyone and good luck with all your plans.

Lorraine
Old Jul 8th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

jothefw - just make sure you take some pressies on the plane with you as you'll be so busy when you get over here trying to organise everything and it will be one thing less to worry about!
Thats a good idea, thanks Lindsay - Granny has already included hers in the container!
Old Jul 8th 2006, 11:26 am
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Originally Posted by jothefw
Thats a good idea, thanks Lindsay - Granny has already included hers in the container!

Will you actually get your container delivered to you before the birthday then?

Lorraine
Old Jul 8th 2006, 12:11 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Kids 1st Birthdays in Oz!!!

Originally Posted by jothefw
It must be too early in the morning - when I read that through I thought you'd had a sleepover for 1yr olds! Madness!
Same here, until I read it again!

Until then, I was dead impressed; I thought "Wow, those one year-olds can really party hard!"
Old Jul 8th 2006, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Will you actually get your container delivered to you before the birthday then?

Lorraine
Well that's our plan - can manage without here easier than we could there but due to visas and timeframes we may have to sort out power of attorney in case container lands in port before we land at airport! where we're moving to is really really remote and whilst house is sorted - getting stuff to make do with would be about 6 hr round trip! (and expensive).