kids!!!

Old Sep 5th 2003, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default kids!!!

just to vent a bit of steam here, son who is 16 did not do any studying for his gcse's but to our amazement came out with c,s started a basic electricians course ( for a year) on wednesday, dropped out of college on thursday, wants to find himself he says!!!

cannot bring myself to talk to him or even look at him at the moment, he is now looking at being a waiter (nothing wrong with that) but wanted like all parents good job with prospects eventually

ahhhhhh

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

need a couple of

arlene
Old Sep 5th 2003, 3:30 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kids!!!

Originally posted by arlene
just to vent a bit of steam here, son who is 16 did not do any studying for his gcse's but to our amazement came out with c,s started a basic electricians course ( for a year) on wednesday, dropped out of college on thursday, wants to find himself he says!!!

cannot bring myself to talk to him or even look at him at the moment, he is now looking at being a waiter (nothing wrong with that) but wanted like all parents good job with prospects eventually

ahhhhhh

need a couple of

arlene

I can definately identify with you arlene.
My 16yr old son keeps leaving home and saying he's not coming with us to NZ he's staying with his gran which I must admit appeals to me more and more everytime he threatens it.
He did about the same at school no interest at all and I managed to get him on a 2yr joinery course at college which if he stays with granny he can complete ( I would look for him a similar course in nz if he came or an apprenticeship) but I have my doubts about him sticking it at all
Sky
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by sky
I can definately identify with you arlene.
My 16yr old son keeps leaving home and saying he's not coming with us to NZ he's staying with his gran which I must admit appeals to me more and more everytime he threatens it.
He did about the same at school no interest at all and I managed to get him on a 2yr joinery course at college which if he stays with granny he can complete ( I would look for him a similar course in nz if he came or an apprenticeship) but I have my doubts about him sticking it at all
Sky

bit of a relief to hear that we are not alone on this one, went straight out to work when i was that age havnt stopped working since, god i sound like my parents now saying when i was your age, please someone shoot me now

arlene

enjoying a cold grolsch
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine is 13 so i can only sympathise and commiserate as i will have it all to come.

Hope he finds himself soon

footie chick
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by footie chick
Mine is 13 so i can only sympathise and commiserate as i will have it all to come.

Hope he finds himself soon

footie chick

am i that old that i dont know what finding yourself means,

i believe it means hey mum, dont feel like working so can i sponge off you for the next 10 years,

my reply (sucker that i am) yeah no worries have all my money and my overdraft thats what parents are here for!!!

arlene
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

wants to find himself he says!!!

tell him he's over there with the rest of the idiots...;-)

boy's are so much trouble, but in all honesty when i sat in front of the careers officer he asked

"so richard, what do you want to do ?"

to which i replied

" I don't................."

bit of a conversation stopper i can tell you..........!!

grin and bear it and hope he either pulls himself up or marries rich

or he'll end up in a gutter on 'smack'..

kids eh?

cheers

richard
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

ahhhhhh

need a couple of

arlene

Hi Arlene
my 18 year old daughter went off the rails at 13, i won't go into details but all i can say is thank god she hasn't had a baby like i stupidly did at her age, she is still not on the 'right' road, i have begged her to come to Australia but she won't even consider it so i will be leaving her behind with her dad...oh my god, i perish the thought!
anyway just wanted to let you know that there is no way you are alone
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don`t, i dread the day he comes out with `i need to find myself`.

fc
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

dont believe he will not have any problems getting a job, got a summer job selling double glazing, charmed the pants off the bored housewifes, made a fortune

worryingly tried to sell me double glazing as well, told him not to **** on his own doorstep

arlene

still drinking the grolsch
Old Sep 5th 2003, 7:41 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sky
I managed to get him on a 2yr joinery course at college which if he stays with granny he can complete ( I would look for him a similar course in nz if he came or an apprenticeship) but I have my doubts about him sticking it at all
Sky
2 yrs!!! what do they teach them for the last 103 weeks?
Old Sep 5th 2003, 7:53 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

ahhhhhh

need a couple of

arlene
It's amazing how things turn out. I've got four kids, all went to grammar school (except the youngest who is only 9), and all were high flyers.

With three of them now left school, what are they doing now...not a lot I'm afraid.
Old Sep 5th 2003, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hooray we are not alone Arlene thank God you didn't have
daughters:scared: eldest at 17 thinks she is madly in love ,can't see he is bone idle She goes to work all week and spends all wages on him,but we are at fault for telling her about it.Told both girls 17 and 16 who are 2 eldest of 5 that their will be surfies etc(suntanned hunks) that u.k. lads will be forgotten in first 5 mins Isuppose we'll just carry on walking on eggshells until we get to Aus and hope she see's the light ,although she has never said she is not coming with us:PARTY:
Old Sep 5th 2003, 9:02 pm
Wet nose wheatie

wendy collins is an unknown quantity at this point

My stepson who lives with us did bugger all revision and has somehow scraped 4 bs and 4 cs in his GCSEs - I knew there was a brain under all that long hair - anyway told him the parent bank has now closed except for lunches and bus fare to college and he has got a part time job in McDonalds starting tommorrow - how long will that last? Well he has showed his commitment y getting his 'mosher' locks cut as otherwise he would have to wear a hairnet - maybe he will turn out ok afterall
Old Sep 5th 2003, 9:03 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Nay!! You don't know the half of it your kids are only in their teens WAIT till they are 35 and 40 and then SEE THE PROBLEMS THEY CAUSE.
Old Sep 5th 2003, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

NO..........

Don`t want to think what they will be like when they are older. But my son did something nice earlier and quite out of character but i think he feels sorry for me. I sent him to the shop wiht his sister to get something lolly ot whatever, Rhian comes back with no change and loads of sweets, Ben comes back with one thing and a curly wurly for me. Ahhhhhhhh how sweet, see teenage boys do love their mums sometimes.

footie chick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.