Ketchup

Old Mar 13th 2005, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

ironman is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Ketchup

can you get tomatoe ketchup in Oz? wat about midget gems
Old Mar 13th 2005, 7:13 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ketchup

Originally Posted by ironman
no don't think it has reached the otherside of the world yet, you have to make your own.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 7:20 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure where you are heading for ironman but when we visited my family in Perth last April there was 'British' sweetshops all over the place, i even found some old sweets i hadnt seen since i was a kid here in Uk!!

Nev.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:15 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Heinz ketchup is readily available (including the organic version) as well as many other brands. I don't know about midget gems, but I'm sure there is an alternative if they are not here.

Regards
Alistair
Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

No Ketchup hasn't made it - they call it Heinz Tomato Sauce. I still call it ketchup.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:18 am

LittleL is on a distinguished road

I have yet to see midget gems...then again i have not been looking for them....it may be my new mission.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:51 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chocaholic
No Ketchup hasn't made it - they call it Heinz Tomato Sauce. I still call it ketchup.

They do Heinz tomato sause and Heinz Ketchup, they are 2 comletely different things

Both can be bought in most normal supermarket.

Are midget Gems the same as Iced Gems, if so I can get them in the local supa valu in the international foods section
Cheers
Kala
Old Mar 14th 2005, 4:56 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Since we're on the topic, what's the difference between the "normal" Heinz ketchup (the kind with the white label) and the Heinz 'Big Red' ketchup they also sell here? I spent hours in the supermarket the other day trying to work it out...
Old Mar 14th 2005, 5:02 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by saraliz
Since we're on the topic, what's the difference between the "normal" Heinz ketchup (the kind with the white label) and the Heinz 'Big Red' ketchup they also sell here? I spent hours in the supermarket the other day trying to work it out...

I'm not sure what makes them different, My hubby likes the Big red as it is a tomato sause and not a ketchup, personally I think the tomato sause tastes like the cheap stuff you get back in the UK in some greasy spoon cafe.

Most Aussies will have Sauce (rosella is very popular)

Personally I preffer the Ketchup but I was brought up on Ketchup so I guess that's why.

Kala
Old Mar 14th 2005, 6:25 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by saraliz

Big Red has less fat, other than that not too sure. I actually prefer Big Red soup to the normal one now.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:03 am
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Thank you for the info on the tomato sauce and ketchup, as it has been a standing joke in out family for about 20 years, that if I (as main stocker of cupboards) let the house run out of tomato sauce that my other half would sue for divorce. It has happeded twice though disaster has been averted. (have been tempted to throw away the full bottle occassionally) That aside it has been interesting to see how and what info people have been exchaning, about ketchup and on other shopping related threads.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:06 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
(have been tempted to throw away the full bottle occassionally) .