Reload this Page >

The Kennedy Gang moving to somewhere outside Melbourne

The Kennedy Gang moving to somewhere outside Melbourne

Old Jan 7th 2007, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

The Kennedy Gang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Kennedy Gang moving to somewhere outside Melbourne

Hi

We are the Kennedy gang. Husband John 41 Painter & decorator, Paula 36 currently a housewife, megan age 6 Emily age 3 and Olivia age 2.

Just waiting for visa to be issued! and hope to be in Auz in April/My 2007.

We are travelling on an SIR visa so we are looking for areas outside the city of Melbourne to live. Have looked at Geelong mainly. Can anyone advise any good areas to look for work, schools and pref a beach location.

Also looking for a good shipping agent and what electrical stuff is worth packing. Would be great to get some advice.

Thanks

Paula
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Tina1962 will become famous soon enoughTina1962 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Kennedy Gang moving to somewhere outside Melbourne

Hi Paula, congratulations on making the Move, When we moved we had Pickfords as they also have them in Austraila and we were looking for continuality if you get my drift, but it is worth looking up removers in your yellow pages get some local quotes, sorry cant help you out with Geelong , we live on the other side of Melbourne in Narre Warren, My Hubby is Australian and we moved back to Oz on the 17 1 06 so we have been out for 12months almost , we both gave up good jobs in the uk, and that was the scarey bit being out of work!!!:scared: but it didn't take long and we are both very happy with our jobs, my name is Tina I'm 40ish hubby Brett 40ish as well but more 40ish than me and we have our daughter Tash out with us she is 19!!! honest, but our son moved back to the uk he wouldn't settle, If you have good electrical stuff then buy some extention leads and an addaptor that is what we have done, we even brought our TV, it works fine with a diggie box thing, and even if it didn't we were going to use it for Videos , The only thing I wished we had bought out was our car Secondhand cars are very expensive, I think it would have been worth getting a quote to ship it out but to late now, Good luck I hope you get all the information you need Tina.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:09 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Kennedy Gang
Hi

We are the Kennedy gang. Husband John 41 Painter & decorator, Paula 36 currently a housewife, megan age 6 Emily age 3 and Olivia age 2.

We are travelling on an SIR visa so we are looking for areas outside the city of Melbourne to live. Have looked at Geelong mainly. Can anyone advise any good areas to look for work, schools and pref a beach location.

Also looking for a good shipping agent and what electrical stuff is worth packing. Would be great to get some advice.

Thanks

Paula
Hi Paula

Welcome and look forward to your arrival in Melbourne - check out Britvics
http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/...hp?showforum=1 It is tailored specifically for local expats in Victoria.

A few bods live out in Geelong area and has great access to both the great ocean road and the mornington pens via the queenscliff ferry.

For removers would recommend you ensure they use "Kent" on this side ie the local shippers who take from the docks to your house via the custom inspection.

Shane
Old Jan 7th 2007, 11:36 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at Torquay, Ocean Grove, Barwon Heads. All are about 20 minutes from Geelong and are on the ocean - prices tend to reflect this fact though.

Try to get hold of a weekend copy of the Geelong Advertiser, which contains the Property supplement - see www.geelongadvertiser.com.au

Good luck - from a Geelong resident.

Originally Posted by The Kennedy Gang
Hi

Thanks

Paula