Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kellyville, Sydney

Kellyville, Sydney

Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

kateandpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kellyville, Sydney

Hi, does anyone live in Kellyville. If yes, can you please give me some advise on Schools we have a 11 & 7yr old. OH is already in Sydney we fly out in January.

Any areas to avoid?
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:26 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kellyville, Sydney

Originally Posted by kateandpaul
Hi, does anyone live in Kellyville. If yes, can you please give me some advise on Schools we have a 11 & 7yr old. OH is already in Sydney we fly out in January.

Any areas to avoid?
i`ll ask my cousin she lives in kellyville

could take a few days to reply so i`ll pm you when she does

regards steve
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
i`ll ask my cousin she lives in kellyville

could take a few days to reply so i`ll pm you when she does

regards steve
Thanks, i'll look forward to hearing from you
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, i'll look forward to hearing from you
arh i see your from knutsford
i worked on a couple of projects there prior to coming out
the royal george been the last one is it finished yet ???
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

arh i see your from knutsford
i worked on a couple of projects there prior to coming out
the royal george been the last one is it finished yet ???
It has, they have called the development Regent Street - full of posh shops and resturants just what Knutsford needs more off!!!!

Small world hey!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:15 am
Worongary

It has, they have called the development Regent Street - full of posh shops and resturants just what Knutsford needs more off!!!!

Small world hey!!!
just looked through some old piccies and it looked like this last time i saw it

and my cousins got back with

My son Jackson doesn't start school until 2009 so I haven't really looked into schools in this area but I do know there are plenty of decent schools in the area both public and private and there is a new primary and high school being built at Rouse Hill which is 5 minutes away. Kellyville is definitely a family orientated area and really there are no suburbs to avoid at this stage.

hope this helps

regards steve
Attached Thumbnails Kellyville, Sydney-img_1367.jpg   Kellyville, Sydney-img_1369.jpg  
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate

Both Sherwood Ridge and Kellyville public are good schools. Next door to Kellyville is Beaumont Hills Public, which is a lovely school - I have taught there many times. However, they work in stages rather than ages - so effectively you have a kindy class by itself then a composite grade 1/2 class, composite grade 3/4 class and composite 5/6 class. It works fine, but it does mean that there can be upto about 2.5 years between the youngest and eldest in a class. There is also Ironbark Ridge public. It's a very new school, but it has fabulous facilities and the kids seemed really nice on the 1 time I taught there.

Not sure about the catholic schools in Kellyville, but I would imagine they would be as good as the public schools.

Hope that helps, please feel free to ask more questions!

Also, don't let people put you off Kellyville, if that's where you want to be. People are very scathing about it and say it has no character because it's a new suburb. It is an excellent suburb for families, with modern houses. They are lower in price than places like Castle Hill and Glenhaven which are next door, mainly because the houses are generally built on smaller blocks. But it's a great place to live.

Take care

Rudi
xxx
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

just looked through some old piccies and it looked like this last time i saw it

and my cousins got back with

My son Jackson doesn't start school until 2009 so I haven't really looked into schools in this area but I do know there are plenty of decent schools in the area both public and private and there is a new primary and high school being built at Rouse Hill which is 5 minutes away. Kellyville is definitely a family orientated area and really there are no suburbs to avoid at this stage.

hope this helps

regards steve
Thanks for your help

The Royal George certainly looks different now!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi Kate

Both Sherwood Ridge and Kellyville public are good schools. Next door to Kellyville is Beaumont Hills Public, which is a lovely school - I have taught there many times. However, they work in stages rather than ages - so effectively you have a kindy class by itself then a composite grade 1/2 class, composite grade 3/4 class and composite 5/6 class. It works fine, but it does mean that there can be upto about 2.5 years between the youngest and eldest in a class. There is also Ironbark Ridge public. It's a very new school, but it has fabulous facilities and the kids seemed really nice on the 1 time I taught there.

Not sure about the catholic schools in Kellyville, but I would imagine they would be as good as the public schools.

Also, don't let people put you off Kellyville, if that's where you want to be. People are very scathing about it and say it has no character because it's a new suburb. It is an excellent suburb for families, with modern houses. They are lower in price than places like Castle Hill and Glenhaven which are next door, mainly because the houses are generally built on smaller blocks. But it's a great place to live.

Take care

Rudi
xxx
Thanks, Rudi

Think we have mailed each other before regarding Castle Hill and Baulkham Hills.

Take care

Kate
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rudi
Hi Kate

Take care

Rudi
xxx
Hi Rudi,

My OH has looked at a house in Beaumont Hills, he has said that Beaumont Hills Public School is right opposite the house. Would you recommend this school for our 7 year old daughter? Can you please advise of the High School in the local area for our 11 year old son.

Thanks

Kate
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kate

I have always really enjoyed teaching at Beaumont Hills. I find it to be a happy school, with great kids and a happy staff. It is a school I would be happy to send my own children to if we lived in that area.

I know some people who would not choose the school. This is because most schools work in grades. So all the kindy are together, all grade 1 are together, all grade 2 are together etc. But Beaumont Hills works in stages.

The way the NSW education system is set up, means that schools can work in stages. Early stage 1 is Kindy - so in Beaumont Hills kindy is as in most schools. The next stage - Stage 1, covers grades 1 and 2. What this means is that during their time in grade 1 and 2 children are expected to reach the outcomes for stage 1. It does not matter what order things are taught, so long as they reach those outcomes. At Beaumont Hills, rather than having a grade 1 class and a grade 2 class, they have a Stage 1 class, which is a mixture of what would be grade 1 and grade 2 students. I am not sure how they work out these groups, whether it's age based, academic ability based, or just a complete mix of kids. Stage 2 is grades 3 and 4 and stage 3 is grade 5 and 6. At my own children's school they do combine grades 5 and 6 and work as a stage.

This generally is not a problem, but obviously, particularly when children are younger, means that developmentally kids can be quite behind others in a class. As a casual teacher, I have noticed that sometimes work I have taken in will suit the middle of the range kids in the class, be too easy for the top kids and be far to hard for the younger kids. There can be up to a two and a half year to 3 year age difference between the oldest and youngest in a class.

Not sure what you zoned High school is there - probably Kellyville - I've not heard anything bad about it. I think in 2009 there is a new high school opening very close there - I think it will be called Rouse Hill High school.

When did your son turn 11? If his 11th birthday was after about March this year, you may be better putting him into primary school for another year. He would be very young to go to high school here. My daughter is also 11 - she is in grade 5 here because of the way the school year works......but would have already started high school in the Uk.

PM me if you want.

Take care

Rudi
xxx
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:50 am
Just Joined

BHPS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kate

I was online Googling for something else to do with my kids' school and found your post. I have three kids (11,9, 6) at Beaumont Hills Public School and we moved to Australia three years ago. My son is 11 and in Grade 5 this year, Grade 6 next year. High School 2009.

I am happy to answer any of your questions if you are still considering our school !
Old Dec 11th 2007, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BHPS
Hi Kate

I was online Googling for something else to do with my kids' school and found your post. I have three kids (11,9, 6) at Beaumont Hills Public School and we moved to Australia three years ago. My son is 11 and in Grade 5 this year, Grade 6 next year. High School 2009.

I am happy to answer any of your questions if you are still considering our school !

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, still considering Beaumont Hills.
Do you live in Kellyville?
My Son is 11 too and my daughter is 7.

Which high school do they go to after Beaumont Hills?

Kate
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

BHPS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kate,
There is a new High School currently being constructed around the corner which my son will attend beginning 2009. It is starting off with just Year & & Year 8 and building from there, so it won't be too large which is nice. House prices are good at the moment in this area and also there has been a large shopping development open two minutes down the road which is fantastic. It is a nice community for the kids.
Anita
Old Dec 11th 2007, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BHPS
Hi Kate,
There is a new High School currently being constructed around the corner which my son will attend beginning 2009. It is starting off with just Year & & Year 8 and building from there, so it won't be too large which is nice. House prices are good at the moment in this area and also there has been a large shopping development open two minutes down the road which is fantastic. It is a nice community for the kids.
Anita
Thanks Anita,

We are coming in January my OH has been staying in Castle Hill since November looking around the areas for houses & Schools.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.