Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Keep your mouth shut

Keep your mouth shut

Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:05 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Keep your mouth shut

The weather these last 3/4 weeks has been marvelous. What's that word ajucated people use ? Idyllic...idealic....Itheelick

Anyhows, today we wakes up early in the morn. Da Boss has a swim....I watch her...too cold for me. We has some brekky. Relax a bit. Out to the shops for a quick gander.

Oh, it's time for the BBQ. Off to a friends for the afternoon. Bix driving so doesn't drink.

Early evening into the CBD for a stroll on the Esplanade. What a great place that is. Free entertainment by the humongous free outdoor lagoon swimming pool. People cooking their grub on the free BBQ's. Restuarants galore. Hubble and bubble. Super atmosphere.

Da Boss buys some hand crafted jewellery in the indoor night market. Can't believe how cheap it is.

She insists I buy a proper hat to replace me white flowerpot thing....the one I'm wearing in photopost sitting by the wallrus. Well, i'm sad cos I like me flowerpot. Anyways, she twist me arm up me back so I smile and say I think it's a very good idea.

So she leads me to one of them there real outback country leather shops and makes me try on one of the floppy cowboy hat style ones. The shoplady says there's a mirror around the corner. I said thanks but I aint worried what I look like as long as it fits and I can pass as a local. Yes she says convincingly, you can certainly pass as a local provided you keep your gob shut. That's one thing I like about Aus.....straight out with it and no mincing the words.

We ended up having a long chat and a good laugh with this lady and I bought the hat too ! Darned bargain twas too. 35 bucks for a genuine leather job which is also waterproof. Da Boss liked it too......she always has liked cowboy type hats and said I can wear it to bed
Not going to let her near any boot shops or I'll be finding spur marks in me arse

Now that was our day in Cairns today....thanks for listening....ansome job me dears.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:11 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Keep your mouth shut

My hubby likes cowboy hats. He bought one when we were in Portugal recently, cost him 25 euros! Anyway he wore it all the time (not in bed thoug h)...think he thought he was Clint Eastwood!
Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:40 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
My hubby likes cowboy hats. He bought one when we were in Portugal recently, cost him 25 euros! Anyway he wore it all the time (not in bed thoug h)...think he thought he was Clint Eastwood!

Hope he doesn't spit like Clint did in those spaghetti westerns then.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:42 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Hope he doesn't spit like Clint did in those spaghetti westerns then.

....No Bix, he just farts and snores!
Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:44 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

....No Bix, he just farts and snores!
Excellent

I've just given you two more karma boxes
Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:48 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

....he just farts and snores!
I thought all men did that....

D D
Old Sep 17th 2005, 3:56 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by Bix
Excellent

I've just given you two more karma boxes

Thank you Bix......tell me how this Karma thing works, not too familiar with yet.
Old Sep 17th 2005, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Now we want to see a photo....you would fit it perfectly living on the prairies with your cowboy hat!
Old Sep 17th 2005, 11:18 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant Bix - now next time you come to Brissy, Dagboy can wear his leather aussie hat too & people will tell both of you to keep your mouth shut . Of course they wouldn't be telling Dagboy that because of the accent, more to do with getting a word in .

Dagboy has found the ultimate place to wear his hat - the Brisbane Ekka - with all the cow cockies around his hat fades into the background .
Old Sep 18th 2005, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

so when we arrive in cairns, we just look out for the guy in the floppy leather hat with his gob shut?!

Trish
xx
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:06 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Thank you Bix......tell me how this Karma thing works, not too familiar with yet.
In a nutshell if someone says something you like you click on the little blue karma box at the bottom left of a post and type in a comment. This adds points to the persons karma total. The more points they accumulate, the more blue boxes they get.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Sue - We will see about a photo in due course, specially for you.

MrsD - Both of us with gobs shut ? When does it snow in the Sahara ?

Trish - My lips are sealed
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Bix
Sue - We will see about a photo in due course, specially for you.

MrsD - Both of us with gobs shut ? When does it snow in the Sahara ?

Trish - My lips are sealed
LOL...I just want to make sure you'd pass as a true canadian!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:08 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
The weather these last 3/4 weeks has been marvelous. What's that word ajucated people use ? Idyllic...idealic....Itheelick

Anyhows, today we wakes up early in the morn. Da Boss has a swim....I watch her...too cold for me. We has some brekky. Relax a bit. Out to the shops for a quick gander.

Oh, it's time for the BBQ. Off to a friends for the afternoon. Bix driving so doesn't drink.

Early evening into the CBD for a stroll on the Esplanade. What a great place that is. Free entertainment by the humongous free outdoor lagoon swimming pool. People cooking their grub on the free BBQ's. Restuarants galore. Hubble and bubble. Super atmosphere.

Da Boss buys some hand crafted jewellery in the indoor night market. Can't believe how cheap it is.

She insists I buy a proper hat to replace me white flowerpot thing....the one I'm wearing in photopost sitting by the wallrus. Well, i'm sad cos I like me flowerpot. Anyways, she twist me arm up me back so I smile and say I think it's a very good idea.

So she leads me to one of them there real outback country leather shops and makes me try on one of the floppy cowboy hat style ones. The shoplady says there's a mirror around the corner. I said thanks but I aint worried what I look like as long as it fits and I can pass as a local. Yes she says convincingly, you can certainly pass as a local provided you keep your gob shut. That's one thing I like about Aus.....straight out with it and no mincing the words.

We ended up having a long chat and a good laugh with this lady and I bought the hat too ! Darned bargain twas too. 35 bucks for a genuine leather job which is also waterproof. Da Boss liked it too......she always has liked cowboy type hats and said I can wear it to bed
Not going to let her near any boot shops or I'll be finding spur marks in me arse

Now that was our day in Cairns today....thanks for listening....ansome job me dears.

pics please of you in your new hat!!!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:36 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Okay.......I only got the one photo but this is the new hat
Attached Thumbnails Keep your mouth shut-100_0095-855-x-642-.jpg  

Last edited by Bix; Sep 18th 2005 at 10:37 am. Reason: Me bone was showing :)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.