kebabs?

Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:13 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Question kebabs?

Malc and his sister who've both been to Australia travelling were telling me about these wonderful kebabs that you get, all rolled up and delicious.

makes our nasty Donner things sound even more gross...

anyway, anyone else heard of these / tried them / got any pics to I can see what they are going on about?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:16 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: kebabs?

Originally Posted by bridiej
Malc and his sister who've both been to Australia travelling were telling me about these wonderful kebabs that you get, all rolled up and delicious.

anyway, anyone else heard of these / tried them / got any pics to I can see what they are going on about?

Oh yes...they are yummdiddly scrumptious

Here's a picture of one I've eaten:

Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:20 pm
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

Maybe I will try tomorrow... I've been meaning to for a while and there's loads of places around that do them. I'm a lady of leisure right now, well, until I get a job, and there are masses of cafes and coffee shops near me. what better excuse do i need to go out for lunch?

All the sandwiches come in sliced bread, rolls, foccacia or turkish or lebanese breads - lush! That means they're already loads more interesting than boring UK sangas.

I might even take a photo if i'm feeling brave :-)

Oh, P.S. Don't bother with mayo unless you like salad cream...

Last edited by lel_smiff; Jun 13th 2005 at 2:21 pm. Reason: the PS
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
Maybe I will try tomorrow... I've been meaning to for a while and there's loads of places around that do them. I'm a lady of leisure right now, well, until I get a job, and there are masses of cafes and coffee shops near me. what better excuse do i need to go out for lunch?

All the sandwiches come in sliced bread, rolls, foccacia or turkish or lebanese breads - lush! That means they're already loads more interesting than boring UK sangas.

I might even take a photo if i'm feeling brave :-)

Oh, P.S. Don't bother with mayo unless you like salad cream...

oooh, look forward to the photo!!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:34 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Mine dont last long enough to take a photo

Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
Mine dont last long enough to take a photo
LOL!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:44 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

A place in Wembley does them like that,
They cook the bread fresh, it's more like a nan bread than pitta, then the meat is rolled up inside the nan bread, very tasty too, that is a proper turkish kebab or kebob as they call em ( called a "Giro" in USA)
god I,m starving!.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by paulf
A place in Wembley does them like that,
They cook the bread fresh, it's more like a nan bread than pitta, then the meat is rolled up inside the nan bread, very tasty too, that is a proper turkish kebab or kebob as they call em ( called a "Giro" in USA)
god I,m starving!.

I'll let my sis in law know as she was dying to know if you can get them in the UK!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:48 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Here you go this place is a bit far from Bunbury I know but maybe they deliver

http://www.katoomba-nsw.com/cedarlebanese.html
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by possoms
Here you go this place is a bit far from Bunbury I know but maybe they deliver

http://www.katoomba-nsw.com/cedarlebanese.html

Just on the blower now seeing if they deliver to Kent, England
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:51 pm
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

Arrgh. I'm going to have to go to bed now before I go and eat something.... so hungry now...
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:54 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

These things are DELICIOUS!!!! ....I totally fell in love with aussie kebabs on my last holiday out there!! I've already told Jacqui that one of the first things I want to do on the first day we land is get a mixed meat kebab!!! ....with extra jalapeno's cus I like them hot!!

Crap, I'm starving now!! ...how much longer is my visa gonna take??? :scared:
Old Jun 13th 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrantP
These things are DELICIOUS!!!! ....I totally fell in love with aussie kebabs on my last holiday out there!! I've already told Jacqui that one of the first things I want to do on the first day we land is get a mixed meat kebab!!! ....with extra jalapeno's cus I like them hot!!

Crap, I'm starving now!! ...how much longer is my visa gonna take??? :scared:
Grant I told you that you should've gone to the pub, then you could have had one on the way home!
Hilary
Old Jun 13th 2005, 3:05 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Im drooling now......Damn you Bridiej,Im gonna have a kebab later on now...an Im trying to lose weight....
Old Jun 13th 2005, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Ransi
an Im trying to lose weight....

Aaaah, you and me both!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.