Karratha

Old Oct 4th 2011, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

bushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura aboutbushy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Karratha

We lived in Karratha for 2 years when we first came over from the UK and, if you want to experience something different then it's a great place. It's a very social town, lots of families there with young kids. Don't know about the primary schools cos my kids were 13 and 16 when we got there but there are a few to choose from.There are some nice beaches close by and, if you don't mind the drive it's well worth visiting Coral Bay and Exmouth, they are both really beautiful:-)
My OH worked for Woodside but we were provided with a house which was good. The rent you pay there for a basic house is crazy but I suppose it comes down to supply and demand...the folks who own property are raking it in!!
The town is getting bigger and bigger, lots of new buildings going up, my daughter goes up the regularly to see her boyfriend and says it's changing all the time but still a good place to live for a short while I think:-)