Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Karma for Newbies

Karma for Newbies

Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:19 am
Professional Princess

Thumbs up Karma for Newbies

This is to all new members to the site.

First of all, this site is the place to make friends, get information and chat to people when the mood takes you.

Like anywhere, people will argue about their differences and as in real life, we cant all agree with everything everyone else says.

Please don't be put off by us lot rowing, its what makes the board tick and although sometimes gets unpleasant, don't let it chase you away.

There are so many people that are helpful on this site and if you can remember this when the going gets tough, then everything will be just fine.

As soon as my karma ban is lifted, there will be karma for all the newbies to the site.

Here's to everyone on Expats, long may we continue to fight, help people and laugh our socks off.

Sam

Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:25 am
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future
Default Re: Karma for Newbies

I hear you sister! you seem to be a voice of reason.

Karma to you from Fuzzy Duck.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Karma for Newbies

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

First of all, this site is the place to make friends, get information and chat to people when the mood takes you.

Like anywhere, people will argue about their differences and as in real life, we cant all agree with everything everyone else says.

Please don't be put off by us lot rowing, its what makes the board tick and although sometimes gets unpleasant, don't let it chase you away.

There are so many people that are helpful on this site and if you can remember this when the going gets tough, then everything will be just fine.

As soon as my karma ban is lifted, there will be karma for all the newbies to the site.

Here's to everyone on Expats, long may we continue to fight, help people and laugh our socks off.

Sam
Yeah - hear hear. I'm sometimes afraid to post on this forum because of the risk of backlash/insults and all because I want to speak my own mind. Don't know much about this karma thing, don't even know if I've got any!

I'm not a newbie by the way, been on here for about 18 months or so but mainly in the immigration forum where insults seem to be kept to a minimum.

I agree that without this forum I wouldn't know half of what I do. Karma on its way if I can work out what it all means (guess I hit the blue button?)
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:38 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Britishaussie
Yeah - hear hear. I'm sometimes afraid to post on this forum because of the risk of backlash/insults and all because I want to speak my own mind. Don't know much about this karma thing, don't even know if I've got any!

I'm not a newbie by the way, been on here for about 18 months or so but mainly in the immigration forum where insults seem to be kept to a minimum.

I agree that without this forum I wouldn't know half of what I do. Karma on its way if I can work out what it all means (guess I hit the blue button?)

Just tried to karma you but im on a ban, given out too much.

I realise its hard to post for fear of backlash, but its always worth remembering, post what you like to get the answers you want.

Read what you want and ignore what you dont like.

Select the replies that are helpful to you.

Dont take comments personally, which i know is very hard, but the sooner you learn to ignore them, the easier it will be.

None of us are here to be liked by everyone, we are all here for our own reasons.

For every person that might be horrible to you, there will be at least 5 others that would do anything to help you.

That is worth its weight in gold.

You as a member, are as valuable as anyone else and deserves the right to post your questions and opinions without fear of backlash.

I will send karma as soon as my ban is lifted.

Love Sam

Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

couldnt agree more, i really dont think we would have made it if it werent for BE,karma to you all

tracey
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:42 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Sam
hear hear, you always amaze me with your thoughts and how you manage to "write" them down. I have plenty of thoughts but when I try to write them down they always sound like a load of pish so if it'll let me I will send you some k but I bet it'll say I've got to spread it around.

Mandi

yep have to spread it around will send you (((vitual karma))) instead, and keep trying to send you some, will now and go and spread myself around!!!

Last edited by mandi248; Sep 1st 2005 at 10:44 am. Reason: added a p.s.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:46 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by mandi248
hear hear, you always amaze me with your thoughts and how you manage to "write" them down. I have plenty of thoughts but when I try to write them down they always sound like a load of pish so if it'll let me I will send you some k but I bet it'll say I've got to spread it around.

Mandi
Trouble is Mandi, when i get days where I cant write, it feels horrible, everything builds up when I cant write.

Or if Im upset about something, I cant write then. Doesnt take much to upset the apple cart.

Im meant to be working on my book but I cant think of what to write, yet writing on here is easy.

Im thinking of doing a BE horror story, got a few plots in my mind.

The bloggs on this site should be up and running at the weekend, so I will have somewhere to channel my energies.

Discovery T&L, turn it on quick, Noosa is on TV, im getting excited. I bought a nice fleece in Noosa.

Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:57 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Well said yet again Sam!

To all newbies this site is invaluable obviously for advice on making the move but also support through the whole process if you are having a bad day there will always be someone there to help cheer you up!!
Personally i ignore the controversial threads and negative comments made by some as alot of the time it is unnessacary!
Just ask what you want no matter how silly you may think it is! At the end of the day it wont be the first and definatley wont be the last!!

Cheers
Kris xx
Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:01 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Trouble is Mandi, when i get days where I cant write, it feels horrible, everything builds up when I cant write.

Or if Im upset about something, I cant write then. Doesnt take much to upset the apple cart.

Im meant to be working on my book but I cant think of what to write, yet writing on here is easy.

Im thinking of doing a BE horror story, got a few plots in my mind.

The bloggs on this site should be up and running at the weekend, so I will have somewhere to channel my energies.

Discovery T&L, turn it on quick, Noosa is on TV, im getting excited. I bought a nice fleece in Noosa.
Such beautiful beaches, I WANT TO GO NOW!! They had a lovely home and they appeared so relaxed, I need that right now. Have just had to send my daughter to work, she started yesterday but was under the impression that she wasn't starting until the 12th, had a phone call at 10.30 asking where she was, when i said she had to go there were lots of tears, broke my heart as she's not one for crying, but I've made her go, had to ring my mum for reasurance as to whether I'd done the right thing. Hopefully it'll be a wake up call and when we do finally get to Australia she'll decide to go to TAFE to get some education to get a better job.

Looking forward to the horror story need a laugh

Mandi
Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:09 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by mandi248
Such beautiful beaches, I WANT TO GO NOW!! They had a lovely home and they appeared so relaxed, I need that right now. Have just had to send my daughter to work, she started yesterday but was under the impression that she wasn't starting until the 12th, had a phone call at 10.30 asking where she was, when i said she had to go there were lots of tears, broke my heart as she's not one for crying, but I've made her go, had to ring my mum for reasurance as to whether I'd done the right thing. Hopefully it'll be a wake up call and when we do finally get to Australia she'll decide to go to TAFE to get some education to get a better job.

Looking forward to the horror story need a laugh

Mandi

Im thinking about the horror story, I shall need to watch one or two to get me in the mood. Have a few ideas

Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:39 am
Professional Princess

We should have a karma fest.

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

jumpinjack will become famous soon enoughjumpinjack will become famous soon enough

We should have a karma fest.
Thanks Professional Princess. I'm a "newbie" and have already received loads of information from people on this site - without it I don't think I'd even have made a start !

sending you karma back - if I've worked out how to do it that is !
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:11 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by jumpinjack
Thanks Professional Princess. I'm a "newbie" and have already received loads of information from people on this site - without it I don't think I'd even have made a start !

Ill Karma you when my ban is lifted

Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:13 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jumpinjack

I'll give you one. ( Am I allowed to say that??)
Old Sep 1st 2005, 12:13 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
I'll give you one. ( Am I allowed to say that??)

I would too Bordy..Who cares I said it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.