Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Karma for Deadmeat?

Wikiposts

Karma for Deadmeat?

Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:59 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Karma for Deadmeat?

I agree.....with D & T

I've been toying with the idea of getting a premium membership so I can turn it off.....I would get the bonus of a bigger lion too

Show your support of anti-karma by sending me a karma message
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I agree.....with D & T

I've been toying with the idea of getting a premium membership so I can turn it off.....I would get the bonus of a bigger lion too
I don't think we need you any bigger :scared: (from what I've heard obviously
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:09 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I don't think we need you any bigger :scared: (from what I've heard obviously
Oh MP....where have you been ?
To London to visit the queen ?

My life has been such a desert barren.
Missing you from the expats warren.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:15 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I agree.....with D & T

You would get the ability to have a bigger lion but you would have to provide your own actual lion

And I've shown total support to your campaign by not sending you any karma
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:16 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Bix

Stick your karma, I have sent yours too Bono from U2

Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:21 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Bix
Oh MP....where have you been ?
To London to visit the queen ?

My life has been such a desert barren.
Missing you from the expats warren.
Sorry Bix but I have tried to spread a bit but you have had too much already, greedy lion

Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:14 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about the karma. I have karma whored very occasionally in the past, but it is all quite silly. Now I mainly use it to send messages when I can't be bothered emailing or pm'ing, or because I actually really like their post. Usually it's a combination of the two.
And sometimes I return karma, because, well, that's how it's all gone on this forum, and it's going to be hard stopping it. Though I don't give karma to people I really don't agree with of course!!
I would like to turn it off(but can't be bothered going premium ), because it looks like I've got heaps(and I do..), but it's mainly because in the beginning I was in the lounge quite a bit, and some of them had heaps(like the moderators), and when they have heaps(and have lots of posts), then you also get heaps when they give it to you(so you karma whores out there, you know who to target now when begging )

So, yeah....

Old Apr 20th 2005, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
I agree about the karma. I have karma whored very occasionally in the past, but it is all quite silly. Now I mainly use it to send messages when I can't be bothered emailing or pm'ing, or because I actually really like their post. Usually it's a combination of the two.
And sometimes I return karma, because, well, that's how it's all gone on this forum, and it's going to be hard stopping it. Though I don't give karma to people I really don't agree with of course!!
I would like to turn it off(but can't be bothered going premium ), because it looks like I've got heaps(and I do..), but it's mainly because in the beginning I was in the lounge quite a bit, and some of them had heaps(like the moderators), and when they have heaps(and have lots of posts), then you also get heaps when they give it to you(so you karma whores out there, you know who to target now when begging )

So, yeah....

You said 'heaps' 4 times in that post.

How long have you been in Oz :scared:

(And don't say heaps of time ),

Cheers,
JTL
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:24 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
You said 'heaps' 4 times in that post.

How long have you been in Oz :scared:

(And don't say heaps of time ),

Cheers,
JTL
Yeah, but... I've been here nearly 10 years

Anyway, I say veggies and stuff heaps too.

Old Apr 20th 2005, 2:43 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone

So, yeah....

I agree with you in general. Like that "karma for newbies" thread that was on here a short while ago. It was just taking up space really - wtf did it have anything to do with lifestyle/culture in australia?? Also, I've had karma messages from people before saying things like "right i've only given you karma on the basis that you MUST karma me back so I can get to the next extra karma point" I think these people should get a life!! It does turn the karma point system into quite a laughable feature when you see threads from people saying things like "HAD SOMEONE TO LOOK AT MY HOUSE TODAY - KARMA PLEASE", and I also find that the people who have "moderator" type karma status (except for the mods, obviously!) detract from the credability of their posts as they have obviously, mostly been as i mentioned earlier karma'ing people on the basis of getting karma back or starting karma-related threads in forums meant for discussing other matters....

[/RANT]

NJJ
Old Apr 20th 2005, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
I agree with you in general. Like that "karma for newbies" thread that was on here a short while ago. It was just taking up space really - wtf did it have anything to do with lifestyle/culture in australia?? Also, I've had karma messages from people before saying things like "right i've only given you karma on the basis that you MUST karma me back so I can get to the next extra karma point" I think these people should get a life!! It does turn the karma point system into quite a laughable feature when you see threads from people saying things like "HAD SOMEONE TO LOOK AT MY HOUSE TODAY - KARMA PLEASE", and I also find that the people who have "moderator" type karma status (except for the mods, obviously!) detract from the credability of their posts as they have obviously, mostly been as i mentioned earlier karma'ing people on the basis of getting karma back or starting karma-related threads in forums meant for discussing other matters....

[/RANT]

NJJ

And breathe...

JTL
Old Apr 21st 2005, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Beers (or whatever floats your boat) all round to the anti-karma brigade, a fine collection of netizens (nasty word huh?) one and all.

I'm looking forward to long weekend, I hope anyone reading this has a good 'un too

Cheers,
Matt
Old Apr 21st 2005, 11:09 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by NJJ

[/RANT]

NJJ

Ain't it just a wee bit of fun this karma biz

If not, I need to get some tactics together for an assault for blue boxes.

M