Kangaroo Valley

Old Aug 24th 2004, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough
Default Kangaroo Valley

I'm looking to grab a weekend away in the next few weeks. Anybody been to Kangaroo Valley ?
I'd like to know more about Berry,Bowral and region, or if anyone has stayed somewhere they'd recommend.

Cheers
Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kangaroo Valley

Originally Posted by RichS
I'm looking to grab a weekend away in the next few weeks. Anybody been to Kangaroo Valley ?
I'd like to know more about Berry,Bowral and region, or if anyone has stayed somewhere they'd recommend.

Cheers
I know Kangaroo Valley well and have been there frequently. We stayed once at the Country Club where they have villas scattered around the gold course. The view from ours was spectacular with the valley laid out in front and the escarpments behind. Quite brought tears to my eyes. Very friendly - they didn't mind our kids bashing a golf ball around.

Having said that, Kangaroo Valley is quite small. You can do the little shops there in about 5 minutes and unless you have some bush-walking, golf or kayaking planned it might be better to stay in Berry. Not too many places to eat in Kangaroo Valley, though the pub is very good (particularly with kids) and I'd recommend it.

Berry is nice. Fantastic drive from Kangaroo Valley over Berry Mountain to Berry. Stop at Cambewarra Lookout at the other end of the mountain too.
Nice cafes and restaurants in the area. Lots of places to stay. We've only stayed at the new motel in town, which was nice but a bit bland. We did stay once at the Coolangatta resort nearby, which is an interesting old property converted into accommodation. Kids loved it there. They had a Bigfoot monster 4WD which did trips up the nearest hill, though I'm not sure if that still runs. They also have a winery and a really cute 9-hole golf course. Again very friendly and welcomed the kids playing golf.

Berry is well placed to drive around the area. Close to Nowra/Jervis Bay/Kangaroo Valley wherever. Bowral is bigger than both Berry and Kangaroo Valley combined and the Southern Highlands would probably merit their own trip.

You can do a fantastic circular trip down that way. Drive Sydney to Bowral, then Fitzroy Falls. An amazing road winds down into Kangaroo Valley from there. Views from the top of the road are inbelievable. From Kangaroo Valley either go over Berry Mountain or via Cambewarra to Berry and come back to Sydney via Kiama and Wollongong.

Have a good time!

Last edited by NickyC; Aug 24th 2004 at 4:52 am.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

thanks for that - i was thinking Berry looks nice. Perhaps we'll stop there.
Old Aug 24th 2004, 5:09 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

A dip in the river after a night in the scrub under a tarp?