Kalgoorlie

Old Apr 1st 2005, 4:26 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kalgoorlie

A lot of people on this forum seem to be in or around the main cities, however has anyone any experience of living in the outback or in mining communities like Kalgoorlie. I was looking at a website for the Goldfields and was suprised at how some parts of it look like the the old American West and also the fact that it has a fair few Bordellos. I get the impression that it could end up a bit rough at times with all the miners etc - is that the case??
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Kalgoorlie

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
A lot of people on this forum seem to be in or around the main cities, however has anyone any experience of living in the outback or in mining communities like Kalgoorlie. I was looking at a website for the Goldfields and was suprised at how some parts of it look like the the old American West and also the fact that it has a fair few Bordellos. I get the impression that it could end up a bit rough at times with all the miners etc - is that the case??
Not sure about the general living out there, but I remember seeing a Lonely Planet program where he was in Kalgoorlie and visited the brothels. They were quite respectable from what they told there and had little problems with their clients! This one woman had an old American cadillac type of car which had been converted into a bed. The wind screen vipers reacted when she got an orgasm!!! Heey .. not that it triggers me, but it would be cool to see!

/Jørgen
Old Apr 1st 2005, 6:49 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jskogsta
Not sure about the general living out there, but I remember seeing a Lonely Planet program where he was in Kalgoorlie and visited the brothels. They were quite respectable from what they told there and had little problems with their clients! This one woman had an old American cadillac type of car which had been converted into a bed. The wind screen vipers reacted when she got an orgasm!!! Heey .. not that it triggers me, but it would be cool to see!

/Jørgen
The wipers are you sure more like the horn
Old Apr 1st 2005, 7:18 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

We visited Kalgoorlie on our way to Adelaide and it's an awful town. IMO

It's in the middle of nowhere, is full of 'red necks' and you can eat dirt all day. Boring there makes boring in Perth feel like heaven.

It would drive any 'sane' person of the rails in a short time.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:04 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyray

It's in the middle of nowhere, is full of 'red necks' and you can eat dirt all day. Boring there makes boring in Perth feel like heaven.

LOL I guess that answers my question then
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:15 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

LOL I guess that answers my question then
I mean some people love it or they wouldn't stay...would they?
Old Apr 1st 2005, 8:22 pm
Im a woomaaan

I`ve been looking at the statistics and it does seem to have a high (ish)crime rate (possibly due to having a lot of people who come in to town and then leave again after a few months??or even maybe due to the fact that you men with money to burn getting drunk ) The housing is cheap though (possibly because they can`t get people to stay on a permanent basis)
Old Apr 1st 2005, 9:04 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I`ve been looking at the statistics and it does seem to have a high (ish)crime rate (possibly due to having a lot of people who come in to town and then leave again after a few months??or even maybe due to the fact that you men with money to burn getting drunk ) The housing is cheap though (possibly because they can`t get people to stay on a permanent basis)
If you live in leigh park soton you will notice no change
Oh and ta for the karma
Old Apr 1st 2005, 9:28 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Perthforme
If you live in leigh park soton you will notice no change
Oh and ta for the karma
Know lots of people who went there as nurses and also know lots of people who returned too! It's really not a nice place to visit or live. It's really isolated and doesn't have a nice atmosphere to the place and hasn't had one for years.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 10:06 pm
Badge

Originally Posted by rob&lucy
Know lots of people who went there as nurses and also know lots of people who returned too! It's really not a nice place to visit or live. It's really isolated and doesn't have a nice atmosphere to the place and hasn't had one for years.
I lived there whilst I was working in the industry. I worked 4 hours north out of town. I quite enjyed Kal, despite the feral minining aspect, there was also a respectable family element - if you walk around Coles you can see normal families walking around.

I loved the skimpies too. Quite a few Pommy girls too.

Badge

Old Apr 1st 2005, 11:07 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by janeyray

As writ by vacuous white fluff.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 11:25 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
I lived there whilst I was working in the industry. I worked 4 hours north out of town. I quite enjyed Kal, despite the feral minining aspect, there was also a respectable family element - if you walk around Coles you can see normal families walking around.

I loved the skimpies too. Quite a few Pommy girls too.

Badge
I worked there for 6 months in the late 80s, on a mine a couple of hours out of town. Kal was good to me when I needed some luck, i hitch hiked there with $50 left, an air ticket home (out of Sydney) and no credit card.

It's pretty rough and I wouldn't want to live there with a family but it's a great place to earn good money on the mines and there is loads of history.

Lots of ZZ-Top looking blokes, punch ups in pubs, Skimpies, it's pretty much what you'd expect from a wild west town - I love it..
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 12:57 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice for a visit, there's lots to see.
We went on school camp in year 7.

Ha, just found the itenary!

This is 1994, but I'm sure you can still do most things...

Water supply tour
Museum of the Goldfields
Hannan's North Tourist Mine (underground, goldpour etc)
Lookout above SuperPit (the big open cut mine)

Coolgardie:
Jack Carin's Humpy
Camel farm (my first camel ride)
Coolgardie Exhibition Museum
Coolgardie Gaol
Coolgardie Cemetery

Ex Camp School for Bush day
played Bush Two Up (gambling game, illegal now, except for tourists I think),
Then went to Kanowna Ghost Town (used to be a town, now only a few foundations of buildings left), did prospecting in the bush (panning, someone did find a few sprinkles of gold)

School of the Air
Emu farm (tour, aboriginal culture centre and emu sausage sizzle, which a few of us refused, lol )
Town Walk and Town hall

I wouldn't want to live there. Most people live there because they got jobs there and like the money. Many more males than females.

Renth and Badge, where did you work?

A friend works out at Mt Keith, but he flys straight there from Perth, I don't think he's ever in Kalgoorlie.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:52 am
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by Simone
It's nice for a visit, there's lots to see.
We went on school camp in year 7.

Ha, just found the itenary!

This is 1994, but I'm sure you can still do most things...

Water supply tour
Museum of the Goldfields
Hannan's North Tourist Mine (underground, goldpour etc)
Lookout above SuperPit (the big open cut mine)

Coolgardie:
Jack Carin's Humpy
Camel farm (my first camel ride)
Coolgardie Exhibition Museum
Coolgardie Gaol
Coolgardie Cemetery

Ex Camp School for Bush day
played Bush Two Up (gambling game, illegal now, except for tourists I think),
Then went to Kanowna Ghost Town (used to be a town, now only a few foundations of buildings left), did prospecting in the bush (panning, someone did find a few sprinkles of gold)

School of the Air
Emu farm (tour, aboriginal culture centre and emu sausage sizzle, which a few of us refused, lol )
Town Walk and Town hall

I wouldn't want to live there. Most people live there because they got jobs there and like the money. Many more males than females.

Renth and Badge, where did you work?

A friend works out at Mt Keith, but he flys straight there from Perth, I don't think he's ever in Kalgoorlie.
Whats a humpy???
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 7:44 am
Just Joined

gwendloyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi gobbyjock

just spent 18 months living and working in Kal. Great place - good schools and good housing (at a price though ! ) met and made great friends there too.. its what you make it really.

Are you going to live there ?

Cheers ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.